November 17, 2009

Day 3 - Epcot (and Meeting Mulan)

As you can see, we spent the third day of our vacation at Epcot. Another great weather day (until the evening) - a little more muggy than the day before, but still really nice. We kept watching TS Ida and the only time it affected us was Tuesday night.





We started at the Land Pavilion and went straight to "Soarin'" because we had heard such great things about it. My mom watched Bri as Doug, my dad and I headed to the ride. It was AMAZING. Probably one of the most amazing rides I have ever been on. After that, we checked out the "Living with the Land" ride.





Then we headed to The Seas to visit Nemo and his friends...




We hit "Spaceship Earth" after that...

Then we headed over to Norway for our princess lunch.


My mom caught Briana doing a dance in her dress...

Here is a little proof that Doug and I still like each other. ;)

We were all starting to get really tired after the princess lunch, but I wanted to go to China to see if we could find Mulan.

We were so excited when we saw her in the distance.

Mulan asked Briana where she was from. I'm sure Mulan asks this of everyone that she visits with. Briana usually clams up around the princesses and just flashes a big smile. I have talked about Briana living in Georgia, but I knew she would never say/remember that. I thought she would just smile like usual. Instead, she told Mulan she was from China. Mulan said, "I'm from China too!" I felt a big lump come into my throat.

Mulan gave Briana a big kiss on the cheek and left a lipstick print.

She also admired the Mulan clip in Briana's hair that my friend Kathy made. Mulan said, "All I have is a flower!" :)

Briana loved the lipstick on her cheek. She was very sad when it started to fade away. Once Briana was done visiting with Mulan, the tears started flowing down my cheeks. I couldn't believe how emotional I got over it.


This gentleman was writing Chinese names on masks. We had him write Briana's Chinese name Jiang Ai Juan.

And this was my girl as we did a little shopping in the China Pavilion. She finally conked out after all the excitement...


We went back to the hotel so Briana could nap for a few hours and then we headed back to Epcot for dinner at the Biergarten in Germany. The food was delicious and the entertainment was so fun!


My dad dancing the polka with Briana.

My parents had an early flight the next morning, so they headed back to the hotel after dinner, and Doug, Briana and I stayed for Illuminations. We walked out of the restaurant after dinner and it was raining. A nice, steady, drenching rain. We ducked into the Mexican Pavilion until the show started, but we still got pretty wet. The show was awesome though.






(We didn't hit everything we wanted to at Magic Kingdom the first day, so we went back for seconds on Day 4. Stay tuned!)

9 Kind Words:

Anonymous said...

Epcot is my absolutely favorite park. I could live there. April met Mulan, too. It was very special. I'm living vicariously through your blog right now. I love to read about other people's trips to Disney World. Glad you all had so much fun together.

Ilene

Tracy said...

Love it. I would have probably been emotional about Mulan, too. I practically cried when Charlotte met Kai-Lan - LOL! Love the shark pics and the dancing pic. And all the pics.

Sandra said...

Again, so many memories for me! Isn't Soaring amazing?? Even both the girls loved that ride. We went on it 3 times!

Looks like you all had a great vacation!

Liene said...

So was Soarin' awesome? Eriks rode it for the 1st time last October at California Adventure and absolutely loved it! The ride is great! Epcot is my 2nd favorite park. I am lovin' your trip recap!!!

Lindsay said...

Love all the photos - especially of Bri crashed out! Looks like you are having a very special vacation.

Julie said...

Wow, this is bringing back so many memories for me - we were there 9 short months ago! I too loved Soaring and Turtle Talk with Crush. Naomi met Mulan at the Princess breakfast in Norway - my poor sweetie was so sick that day but her eyes lit up when she met Mulan and she announced right away "you're Chinese just like me" and I got that same lump in my throat and looked over at my mom who had tears streaming down her face. She got kisses from all the princesses and had a face full of lipstick which she LOVED.
I am aching to get back there!!

Ani said...

I'm getting teary eyed over the Mulan story... Can't wait for day 4!

Anonymous said...

What's so special about your Disney trip is that you and Doug enjoyed it as much as Bri! So many parents feel obligated to take their kids to Disney World and then dread the whole experience! How fortunate that your love and happiness is contagious! As we know, happiness is doubled when shared!
It's so lucky for us to experience your special memories! Thank you!

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL...
Love all the photos..
the Mulan clippie is tooo cute.. I have one also.. and I am teared up by the joy Briana got meeting Mulan...
I feel like I am with you..
Hugs..

Related Posts with Thumbnails