August 8, 2007

Red Couch and Heading Home

Every time a Chinese vendor asks where Briana is from, we say "Chongqing" and they say "Oh, spicy girl." And spicy she is! Chongqing girls known for being pretty, petite and spicy! We love our spicy girl!

Well, this is it everyone! Doug and I are packing tonight for our trip home in the morning. I can't wait to get home! I can't wait for Briana to meet our family and friends!

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who followed our journey in China. I received so many wonderful e-mails and comments. I wish I could have responded to everyone, but I was so busy with Miss Briana.

We took the oath at the consulate today and got Briana's immigration paperwork. We are all set to head home.

Here are a few photos of red couch day...

Miss Briana showing off her outfit!

Still showing off!

Briana starting to cry on the couch! 5 of the girls are Dianjiang babies and the other 3 babies are special needs Nanchung babies. We are all with CHSFS.

The Dianjiang Girls. Briana is now calm with the rice krispies.

The CHSFS families.

33 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Briana looks adorable in her little red couch dress...
Glad you had an amazing trip..
I loved following your journey..
Have a safe trip home..
Kim

Pug Mama said...

They are all so pretty!!
Have a safe trip home - hope to see you guys soon!!!!!!!!

Johnny said...

Those DJ girls are pretty and have a temper to match!

Best wishes on a good trip home.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip home! Briana is a beauty.

Christine

Stephanie said...

Safe travels. Looking forward to seeing the three of you soon!

Unknown said...

cant wait to add you to the families at home list..

Lisa~~ said...

Wishing you an easy and safe trip home. See you soon.

Cindy said...

Congratulations on completing this once-in-a-lifetime journey to become a family! Briana is truly a treasure and we can't wait to meet her. We leave this Saturday for China to get Claire and have learned so much from following your blog. We will see you on the flip side!

Tracy said...

Yes, she is a beautiful and spicy girl! Have a safe trip home! It has been wonderful following your journey - thank you!

Tracy
LID 11/22/05 - NEXT!!!!!!! :) :)

Julie said...

What a beautiful baby... and congratulations on becoming a family! Wishing you a safe and speedy trip home!

Two Kayaks said...

Safe travels home, my sweet friend! See you on the flip side. :)

RoLo said...

Her dress is gorgeous. The red carpet photo is cute.

Wishing you a safe trip home

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Have a safe trip home and I'll see you soon.

Anonymous said...

It has been wonderful following
Journey. Have a safe trip home.

Sindy
Lid 11/18/05
DOR 08/02/07
For Allison Taylor Jun

Anonymous said...

She is so cute in the little red dress.

I saw a lady with toddler twins adopted from China at the Chick-fil-A on Barrett the other day while I was home visiting. Made me smile just thinking that Briana may be playing on that same slide someday soon.

Have a safe trip home.

Unknown said...

What great photos, and that smile of Briana is to cute. Safe trip home. Thanks for letting us follow along.
Donna

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Have a safe trip home! Don't forget anything -LOL!
Best wishes,
Michaela

Abby's Mom said...

Have a safe and peaceful trip home. It has been wonderful to watch your journey unfold :)

Special K said...

Thanks for sharing this special time with all of us. It's been great to watch from afar and dream of the day it happens for those of us still waiting.

Have a safe trip home with your beautiful spicy girl!

Georgia said...

I can't believe it's over! That whole thing went so fast. I'm so excited to see you guys and meet Briana!

Good luck on the flight home!

t~ said...

Oh at last the red couch photos! She looks adorable in all the photos and I think her smile is contagious....she is simply sweet!

Have a safe, fun, quiet flight home! ;0)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have been following your trip and it seems that you have just gotten there... yet, it seems you have been there forever... can't wait to see Briana back home... take care...Felicity

Colleen said...

Gawd - it seems like we JUST left there. Love love the pics. Look at all of her teeth!! She is so cute. I am so glad you are on your way to home sweet home. Its a tough transition but there is no place like home. Safe travels.

Kim said...

Wow, I can't believe you are on your way home already! Hearing your stories has really made me miss China and all it's charm.

I know you can't wait to get settled in at home and show off Miss Briana. Welcome to America Briana!!! You are very loved

PS great teeth!!! Love that smile :)

Anonymous said...

I loved Briana's dress - beautiful!

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop with stories and pictures. You are probably in flight as I write this - I hope you are having a good trip.

Sending our love!!!!

OziMum said...

Absolutely love Briana's outfit, complete with matching shoes! Excellent style choice Mummy and DAddy!!!

Poor Briana, doesn't look at all comfy on the red couch! Unless she has food in hand!

Safe travels home! Briana is indeed one "hot babe"!!!

C's Mom said...

Have a safe trip home..as a family at last :0)

Headmeister said...

Have a safe trip home as a family of three! I can't tell you how incredible following your journey is... You posted SO MUCH! A personal thanks on behalf of all us waiting moms :)

Steffie B. said...

Ah....hte memories of the White Swan.....so glad things are going well! ;)

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Apparently, Emily Grace is a "Spicy girl" too! We got that a lot too and I kept wondering how they knew she was "spicy" ha ha (until it was explained to me) Emily has Squeaky shoes too and don't worry you will love them (especially when she is walking all over the place...it will help you keep up with where she is) :-)
Congratulations again!! Briana is beautiful!!
Can't wait to meet her!! I love the "all smiles" pic.. too cute!!
Amy

Georgia said...

Are you home yet?
Are you home yet?

Liene said...

Cute pictures!!! Have a very safe trip home! And you might laugh at me when I say this, but I honestly think Briana looks a lot like her momma!!!

Heather said...

Heading home is quite a chore! Enjoy the down town time when you get home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails