Welcome to Disney Hollywood Studios! And it was freakin' cold!!! I watched the news on Wednesday night and heard a cold front was coming through Orlando. But we are in Orlando, right? I can't get THAT cold. RIGHT? The weatherman in the morning said it would be a chilly start but then warm up to 69 or 70 degrees. We're from Georgia - that's perfect weather. We can take it! It will be a beautiful day! So, Doug, Briana and I all put shorts and short sleeve shirts on and we had coats in the car if needed (Disney Studios isn't on the monorail, so we decided to drive over). I never stood outside to check how cold it really was. I mean, we're from Georgia! We can take it! Well, we stepped outside and waited for our car (in valet). It was chilly. Really chilly. Crud. Too late to go back to the room for jeans. (I did have jeans packed for everyone for the record - I was just stupid not to actually put them on.) I did have a blanket in the car for Briana (as you can see above), so she was golden as she sat in her stroller. The weather did warm up toward early afternoon, but it was a pretty chilly morning.We ran into a funny street performance. They have those going on all over the park.
First stop, The Little Mermaid.
We were ushered into a waiting room before we could enter the theater. Briana was being silly and we were passing the time. Then I looked to my left...
...and spotted the Buckeyes and Eggrolls family live and in person. At least I thought I did. They looked so familiar but it was a darkened room. What if I was wrong? The woman really looked like Robin to me, so I said her name quietly. If she didn't respond, then I would know it wasn't her. Well, Robin turned around! I knew Robin and her family would be at Disney World when we were, but never in a billion years did I think we would actually run into each other. So many parks to visit and thousands and thousands of people - no way it could happen. But it did! It was so amazing!
Maddy and Briana...
And we sat together for the show!
The show was amazing by the way...

We said farewell to Robin, Marty and Maddy and headed over to Hollywood and Vine for our Disney Playhouse lunch. Briana was being silly with Daddy as I got her lunch from the buffet...
Excitement as the characters visited our table...
We went on the Great Movie Ride after lunch. It was really cool...

Then we headed to the Pixar area. I wanted to get into the "Toy Story Mania" ride, but the wait was 70 minutes or more and the Fast Passes were all gone. But, then I spotted Buzz and Woody signing autographs in the window across the street. The line had been cut off and the next round of autographs was not for another 40 minutes. So while Doug entertained Briana, I waited in line to make sure Briana got to meet Buzz Lightyear. She is one of his biggest fans. And yes, I am the BEST mom in the world.
Next stop after that was the Backlot Studio Tour.
Briana cracking up at what just happened.
This is what happened...
Lastly, we checked out Muppet Vision 3D. I remember it from 18 years ago when I went to Disney Studios (then it was MGM Studios) as a teenager. It was still really funny.
Then the icing on the cake. We ran into Mike Wazowski. Or as Briana calls him "Mike Wa-Ouchy." Look at her. "Oh my gosh Mommy, it's Mike Wa-Ouchy!"
And this was my girl at almost 5PM. That's how long we were at Disney Studios. She looks a little tired, huh? :)
(Next post, I will wrap up my Disney recap with some closing thoughts and opinions. Stay tuned...)

2 Kind Words:
You certainly had a BUSY, fun-filled vacation! Thanks for sharing with us.
You did a great job with the pictures and videos! Sounds like you all had a blast! Ok, I had a little chuckle about the weather ... today it was -4 when I left the house (22(ish)) for you. I had to scrape frost off my windshield too ... and the worst is yet to come! You are soooooo lucky to have nice weather.
Naomi has that same sweater and in some pictures I find our girls really look alike. I'd love to meet up one day ... if you're ever in Montreal or if I'm ever in Georgia!
Post a Comment