August 5, 2007

Here Is The Birthday Girl!

Yep! This is our birthday girl! We had a great morning and afternoon! We started the morning giving Miss Briana a birthday card - which of course she liked the envelope better than the card - oh well! We had breakfast at the buffet and then our group first went to a Buddhist temple. It was so beautiful. And our guide Shirley set it up so the babies in our group were blessed by a Buddhist monk. It was so emotional for me - especially because it was Briana's birthday. Then we headed to a Chinese art museum. It was outside, which meant it was HOT. Muggy, sticky hot. Ugh. I was so happy when we ended the touring at a Jade and Pearl factory. Doug and I got Briana a pearl necklace and earrings.

Right before we left for touring, Doug and I got a free stroller for Briana to ride around in. She likes it and I am so grateful. I am starting to get sore from the Hip Hammock.

After touring, the group went to Lucy's restaurant to have a birthday lunch for Briana. Briana fell asleep as we strolled to the restaurant, but luckily she woke up to have a little apple pie! Doug bought candles before we left the states in case we got a cake for Briana. We even handed out paper tiaras for the babies to wear. It was so cute! Of course Briana was the only one who didn't want to wear her hat!

The day was very special even though we weren't home to celebrate. I am just so happy Doug and I could be with our baby girl on this special day.

Here are the pics!

Briana opening her card.

Our groovy free stroller.

Blessing of the babies.

All the babies were silent. Our guide Shirley said she had never seen that happen before!

Miss Briana at her birthday lunch.

Briana eating a little apple pie!

34 Kind Words:

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Happy First Birthday Briana!!!
Love,
Michaela, Richard and Jarod
Orlando, FL
LID: 05/24/06

Unknown said...

Hppy birthday! What a special day for your family and she will love those gifts!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Briana! What a perfect tiara for the little princess.

Krista Dolan said...

Happy Birthday Briana!!
It looked like fun.
Krista and Lily

Special K said...

Happy 1st Birthday Briana!

So glad momma and daddy were there to celebrate it with you. That smile is just contagious!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! How cool that she was blessed by a monk on her birthday! That is also cool how all the babies were quiet during it!

Tracy
LID 11/22/05 - NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday Briana! You don't look a day over...1!!

What a great gift for all of you - to be together on Briana's first birthday!

Lisa~~ said...

Oh so sweet, what a nice day. Happy first birthday Briana!

Ani said...

Happy birthday Briana! What a wonderful gift that you could celebrate it together, as a family.

Your story about the pearl necklace to give her on her wedding day, brought tears to my eyes - so sweet.

Many blessings to Briana and her parents!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Briana...
Glad all of you had a GREAT DAY!!!
So glad that Briana had her mommy and daddy with her on her 1st Birthday....
Kim

kitchu said...

Happy Birthday Briana!! So cool you celebrated her first in China!

I am soooooooooo excited about the Buddhist temple/blessing (well, you know I have a thing for monasteries). I'm glad it was so meaningful for you!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

What sweet pictures! Happy Birthday Briana!

Abby's Mom said...

Happy Birthday Miss Briana :)

Georgia said...

Happy Birthday Briana!

Wow, this trip is going so fast! I love the stroller, too!
She's so beautiful!

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little one. What a special day to be celebrated with your new family.

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy #1 Birthday Briana!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

Emma said...

Happy happy birthday Briana!

Polar Bear said...

Happy Birthday Briana!
It looks like you had a great day!!!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Happy Birthday! How special to be able to share her first birthday together in China!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Briana!!!

4D said...

Happy Birthday Briana! What a special day.

Keep smilin!

OziMum said...

Happy 1st Birthday SweetPea! How special, to not only be celebrating Briana's birthday in her country of birth, but to be blessed on the same day!!!

Elise said...

Happy birthday sweet little Briana!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Briana!!! I'd say you got the best present ever, a Mommy and Daddy that love you very much! Best wishes for a lifetime of good health and laughter.

Colleen said...

The temple was my FAVORITE! Loved it. All of the 13 babies in our group were totally silent as well. Odd huh? Happy bday to sweet Briana. I am so glad you are at the tail end of your trip. isn't the area great??? Have a blast.

t~ said...

Happy Birthday Briana!

Jill and Jaap said...

Great photos!

Happy Birthday sweetie pie!

RoLo said...

Happy Birthday Briana - little princess:)
Been reading up on all your posts, I got a little behind this weekend.
I am so happy you had a chance to have Briana blessed, we are hoping to arrange this for when we go over.

Liene said...

Lisa, I'm sure it would've been awesome to have Briana home for her birthday but personally I think it's so cool to be in China to bring her home for her 1st birthday. What a great present for her to have a mommy & a daddy for her birthday. At least she wasn't celebrating it by herself in an orphanage like so little ones do.

Next week when you're home you can have a belated 1st birthday party for Briana with all the trimmings!

Happy 1st Birthday Briana!!!
You have a mommy & a daddy that love you very much!!!

Liene said...

Lisa

Is there an email address I can reach you at??? I have an email link on my blog that you can email me at.

dawn said...

Sorry we are so late with the congrats. Briana is gorgoues. COngrats on finally becoming a family.

dawn said...

Sorry we are so late with the congrats. Briana is gorgoues. COngrats on finally becoming a family.

C's Mom said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

It looks like she had a bit much by the birthday lunch ;0) So cute.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy Birthday to your little sweetheart!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails