November 5, 2023

Day 3, Part 1 - Vermont Vacation - Mon Vert Cafe And A Pretty Stream

We awoke on day 3 of our vacation to another beautiful morning in Vermont. I missed going to Mon Vert Cafe for breakfast the day before with Doug and Bri and I wasn't going to miss it again. So we all got dressed quickly and took a short stroll to the restaurant.

Leaving the inn...
 

 Walking toward the restaurant...


 The courthouse...
 
We finally made it to the restaurant...

 The inside was so cute...


But we opted to sit outside...


I had a bagel sandwich, Bri had a ham sandwich and Doug ordered French toast...
 
So good!!!
 
This was my view while I ate...
 
Full disclosure, we did eventually start getting harassed by a bee toward the end of our breakfast. Bri was done and decided to go inside to draw on her iPad. She doesn't do bees! What is with Vermont and the bugs? Who knew?
 
Once we were done with breakfast, we were going to go back to the hotel to rest, freshen up and wait for the stores to open so we could go shopping (it was still a bit early).

We stopped by a stream that flowed right beside an art gallery/store (which we did go back to when it opened for the day)...




I took some pics of me and Doug...



Then we walked back toward the hotel...




Before we got the hotel, we noticed a really cool brick house and a covered bridge across the street. We decided to check them out. It wasn't until we got home that we found out that we had a family connection to that beautiful brick home and didn't even know it! More on that next...
 

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails