February 9, 2026

SCAD TVFest 2026 - Part 1

It was so good to see Briana for SCAD TVFest. It was also parents weekend, but honestly, we have been to the school so many times and have been a part of many talks and activities, we only participated in TVFest on Friday. 
 
Just like last year, Doug and I went down to Atlanta the day before our TVFest day (Thursday) to check into a hotel. It is just easier to get up in the morning and go to the school than to get up and drive to Atlanta that morning from where we live. Unlike last year, we didn't get to see Briana on Thursday. Doug had taken a red eye home that morning and he needed to work and get a little rest before heading to Atlanta. 
 
Doug and I stayed at the Epicurean once again - and again, it was a great stay. We had requested a junior suite, but when we arrived, we were upgraded to a huge suite - for just the two of us! It was pretty cool though...
 


The table we had was so large and nice and the room so comfortable, we had room service both nights we stayed there. And to be honest, I was feeling SO badly heading to the hotel on Thursday evening that I actually thought twice about going (I am in the midst of a bad indigestion attack - and it comes and goes - something triggered me days ago even though I am on my diet). I have a lot of trauma when it comes to going on trips and being sick over and over again. This was just adding to my long list of trauma. But once again, I pushed myself and went.
 
I will blog about all the things I chose to eat while I was on this short adventure when I am done posting about TVFest.
 
I did sleep pretty well that night and felt better when I woke up - a true blessing. It was time to go to TVFest and see our girl...
 

 It's always the best to get to hug on her...
 

This is the area that Doug and I had to check into for the day...
 

 This is one of the areas where the students eat - it's called "The Hub"...
 
This is another area - this is called "Palette" - this is where we ate with Briana on Friday...

Bri getting her food...
 
After eating, it was time to head to our first screening/panel - "56 Days."
 
Took a picture of ourselves...
 
I think this is a great place to pause. The two talks we saw were awesome. It was very chaotic before seeing the second one though. SCAD did not have their stuff together at all and it caused me to have to get on people and advocate for myself. If I am pushed too hard, I will push back. For example, I had to yell at rude drunk women at the Ed Sheeran concert years ago. And nowadays, I take the risk of being called a "Karen" - which is unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, I know there are Karens out there. Believe me, I am not one of them. I am way too self-aware for that. I only get on people when push comes to shove.
    
So, my next post will feature who we got to see at TVFest!  

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails