Gotcha/Family/Briana Day is always a special day for our family. It is the anniversary of the day Doug and I met Briana for the first time. Each year, the three of us commemorate that day by doing something special. This year, Doug got us tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Varekai. If you have been reading my blog long enough, you already know what huge Cirque fans we are, so this was a perfect way to celebrate our special day.
In the morning, Bri got a few gifts. Gramma sent her a beanie boo...
Doug and I gave her a panda necklace...
and a silk purse that I bought while I was in China...
Not only was it our family day, it was also open house/meet the teacher at Bri's school that afternoon. B got dressed up for the afternoon/evening (wearing her new gifts)...
We left directly from open house and headed toward the arena (it took a LONG time ~ traffic was horrible).
We finally got near the arena and had dinner at a beautiful Chinese/Thai/Japanese restaurant.
Bri and I took some pictures of ourselves...
The food was delicious!
Bri's meal and my meal...
Doug's dinner...
We had lots of food left, but unfortunately, we weren't heading home, so we had to leave the leftovers there! That was so difficult!!!
Finally, it was Varekai time...
Second row floor seats...
Cirque shows always have some sort of comic relief. The actors in the red jackets were the comic duo for this show and they were hilarious...
And here are a few pictures from the internet (since you can't take pictures or video during the show)...
The show was amazing. It is now probably in my top 5 Cirque shows that I have seen.
It was a perfect ending to a very special day.















0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment