September 1, 2025

Amelia Island Vacation 2025 - Day 1/The Ritz Carlton

Here is our trip recap!

I hadn't been on a vacation in a year and it was time for a little sun, rest and relaxation. We went to the Ritz last year, but we had such a nice time, we decided to return this year. Last year, my heel was so painful that I wasn't able to walk on the beach at all. I hobbled to dinner and the pool. I knew my surgery was ahead of me, so I was feeling nervous. This year, I was able to walk on the beach. I still don't feel super great, but being able to walk again was really amazing.

 Just like last year, there was a mix of weather on our 6 hour drive down to Florida...

Florida...

Amelia is so close to the GA/FL border that we are in Florida for maybe 15 minutes before we arrive at our destination.
 
Driving into the Ritz...
 

And we arrived late afternoon...
 


Love being greeted with a glass of champagne...

And it was off to our room...

Our suite (Bri slept on the pull out couch). There are only two suites like this in the entire hotel. Luckily we booked early enough to snag one. We were in the opposite suite (same floor) last year...

Our balcony...

More champagne (gift from the hotel)...

We freshened up and headed to the club lounge where we had dinner (club lounge is always a rotating buffet)...

After eating, we decided to take a walk on the beach...


 
 It was very windy that evening, but the temp was beautiful...
 
 
I was so happy to be walking...

Heading back toward the hotel...

We sat in some Adirondack chairs and enjoyed the dunes for a little while. The bunnies on property are so cute...

Back in the room - lovely view from balcony...



Doug and Bri headed back to the club lounge for some desserts (I opted out)...

And that was our day one. The next day was going to be filled with just swimming, eating and relaxing.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails