March 19, 2012

Children Of Hangzhou Exhibit (Children's Discovery Museum)

I can't begin to tell you how much I love the Children's Discovery Museum in Chattanooga. Every year, they have a Chinese New Year celebration - and now they have the "Children of Hangzhou: Connecting With China" exhibit through May. I absolutely love the above picture. Seeing Bri and Chani standing in front of a picture of the Great Wall of China. I hope in a few years that they both will be standing on the real Great Wall - maybe together. Wouldn't that be cool Kathy? :D

The girls had a blast playing together at the museum. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the exhibit...

This guy greeted us as we entered the museum...

And this girl greeted us as we entered the exhibit...

Kathy explaining to the girls that we rode on buses like this when we were in China...

Photos of China...

Interactive computer activities for the kids...

I loved seeing this since I just talked about the Chinese Zodiac to the kids in Briana's class...

Playing some Chinese checkers...

A pretty pagoda...

Practicing Chinese calligraphy...

Sitting in a Chinese classroom...

We decided to dress like Chinese opera singers...








Planting rice in the field...

A "Pipa" - Chinese instrument...


Playing a drum...

A Chinese kitchen...





Items you would probably see in a Chinese home...


It was a fantastic exhibit and a wonderful day. I still have lots of pictures from the rest of museum that I will blog about tomorrow. The girls had so much fun they didn't want to go home. The parents were tired after a long afternoon though and totally ready to go home. LOL!

5 Kind Words:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

THAT is such a great exhibit!!! I would LOVE to take our littles there~ looks like Bri and friend loved it!!! Hope you all have a great week!!! XO

Debbie said...

All that makes me want to visit China one day........

Helen said...

Great Exhibit! it makes me smile to see you dressed up a like opera singers. the costumes and pictures are from a very famous Opera "Legend of the White Snake", see the story on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_White_Snake

white Snake's Maid is "Green Snake" , so their costumes are in White & Green.

Catherine said...

What a great exhibit! Wish we had a children's museum in our area and even better would be an awesome exhibit like that one.

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

Such a neat exhibit. Need to see that. glad you had fun. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails