April 11, 2007

The Name "Briana"


I have loved the name Briana for years. The meaning of the name Briana means "noble, strong, virtuous". The pronounciation we chose for our daughter's name is "bree AH nah", and we are spelling the name with one "n". And here is the name spelled in Chinese characters.

14 Kind Words:

C's Mom said...

It is a beautiful name. I hope we don't have too much longer before seeing her beautiful face!

Stephanie said...

Now that I know the meaning, I love the name even more.

Can't wait to meet her.

Polar Bear said...

You have chosen a beautiful name. I remember thinking that the first time I saw your blog.

Georgia said...

It's pretty and has a great meaning.

Zoe means "life" and Georgia means "farmer" FARMER!!

Colleen said...

Its a very feminine name - I LOVE it. I bet her face will be as sweet and feminine as her name.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love the name Briana too! Always have. It helps that I have a friend who has a daughter named Briana. She is an absolute sweetheart! As I'm sure yours will be......

Steffie B. said...

It is a beautiful name. Hopefully you will get your referral soon!

kitchu said...

Beautiful in any language, but most especially those two!!

4D said...

It is a lovely and elegant name.

Keep smilin!

Jill and Jaap said...

Very pretty!

Emma said...

Naming a child is such a big responsibility. I'm glad you've found a beautiful name that you love. I do prefer one 'n', I think it's very pretty!

What do you mean about the Chinese characters for Briana? My mandarin isn't good enough to read those characters yet.

Briana's Mom said...

Emma - I linked to the page where I found the characters!

t~ said...

I love the name and love the meaning of it even more!

Briana said...

I share the same name and I love it too. I know she'll love her name growing up. I say mine the same way too :) I just happened to google my name and your blog came up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails