February 11, 2010

Dragon Puppets and Red Envelopes

I had this post about dragon puppets ready to go yesterday and had it set to post today. Then I saw yesterday that she had already done a post about a dragon puppet yesterday. I promise I am not a copy cat. LOL! :D

Next Thursday, Briana is in charge of bringing snack to preschool. I thought it would be nice for Briana to celebrate Chinese New Year with her classmates on her snack day, so she is going to bring in panda cookies and juice. Along with the cookies, Briana and I decided to make dragon puppets for her to pass out to her classmates (which we saw how to make in this book). Bri has been wanting to make dragon puppets for the longest time, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to do a craft. She will also pass out red envelopes to her classmates with chocolate coins in them. She is so excited!

Here are some pictures of our little project!

Dragon Puppets

Lucky Money

Dragon Puppets 1

Making Puppets

Dragon Puppets 2

Look At My Dragon Puppet!

And I have an UPDATE on my kitty! The tumor was completely removed and there was no spreading. She is in the clear!! I am so happy! Thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers for her!

13 Kind Words:

Alyson and Ford said...

You are busy! Great puppets! We are making a Tiger hand puppet from lunch size brown bags.
She is so adorable!
Thanks for always visiting our blog!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Sandra said...

Fun projects! I am hoping to feel well enough to the things I do every year with the girls (making mooncakes, doing crafts, etc.)

Looks like Briana enjoyed all the fun!

Unknown said...

LOve those puppets! What a fun momma you are.

Polar Bear said...

Such good news about Asia!

LOVE the puppets!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a FUN project!! The puppets are SO CUTE....as is your artist:)

I am so happy to hear the great news about Asia.....I bet you are so relieved!!

xo,

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Cute craft project!

I am so happy for the good news on your kitty...that is wonderful!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

What can I say except that great minds think alike? Because we ARE great. Heh.

Kim said...

Great puppets.. love the photos..
Sounds like you are staying busy..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Oh how cute and such perfect timing!!

Angela and Jay said...

Cute! How much fun she'll have on her snack day!

Kiy said...

Everything looks great, and I would have never thought to put the chocolate coins in the red envelopes - GREAT idea! (squirrels that idea away for next year ....)

Wonderful news on your kitty!

Cheers,
Kiy

Suzie said...

Love the puppets!! Bri did a great job on them.

Glad to hear that Asia is better!!!

Anonymous said...

So very crafty! I'm impressed!!!

Love, Amy B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails