April 29, 2014

Bri's First Communion

I know I said I would talk about Easter and some other things when I got back to blogging, but I just have to talk first about Briana's First Communion.

I'm so proud of her. She was so beautiful this past Saturday...



Bri and I went looking for a communion dress several weeks ago. She picked the first one she tried on. She looked like an angel...




My parents were in attendance as well as my sister, brother-in-law and my nephew N1. My other brother-in-law (Doug's brother) and my sister-in-law flew in from CO for the special occasion. I also invited a couple of very close friends. I say "friends," but they really are more like family. Doug and I wanted to keep the guest list small and intimate - it was just perfect...

My parents with Briana...

The three of us...


Before bringing Briana to the room where the kids were asked to gather before the ceremony, I stopped in the church to take a few pictures first. Briana ran into her sweet friend Sophie as soon as we walked in. Photo opp of course...

This is another sweet girl that was in Bri's class. I don't know her name unfortunately...



This particular ceremony was for the kids that attended PSR classes on Wednesday evenings. The kids that attend PSR on Sundays will have their communion this upcoming Sat...




We all took our seats and when the children filed in, the Knights of Columbus held swords for the kids to walk through. Briana thought it was pretty neat. I love this look on her face...

She was so pretty walking into the church...







Deacon Stephen said the homily and he was wonderful. He talks to the kids so amazingly well...

Then it was time for the Eucharist (given by Father Manuel)...

Deacon Stephen and Briana...

Then the children sang a song...




The whole ceremony took about an hour and then it was time to leave...

I had to pick up Bri from the school gym. A professional photo was taken of the kids...

She received her certificate and rosary beads...

After the ceremony, we all headed back to my house for lunch...

And some cake...


And some gift opening...


She did it!!!!

A celebratory drink for a special little girl...

Briana prepared very hard this year for her special day. I'm so very proud of my sweet girl.

3 Kind Words:

RamblingMother said...

So heartening to see such a large group of kids! Congrats!

Ani said...

Beautiful!

Debbie said...

What a special day.............and I know you will cherish the memories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails