Day 3 of our trip to Savannah landed on July 3rd, and it was a pool/spa day for us.
We did sleep later than we did on the day we went to the beach ~ but not that much later. I slowly woke up, opened the curtain and looked outside at the pool. It was already filling up - and it was only a bit after 8. I woke up the rest of the crew and explained what was going on. Doug and Bri put on their swimsuits and went down to the pool to grab some seats. I put on my suit and packed the rest of the stuff that needed to go down to the pool with us (and grabbed some quick breakfast from the Starbucks downstairs to bring to the pool).
Doug found a perfect spot right near the stairs - 3 chairs with an umbrella...
I bought a couple of croissants and finally dragged Bri out of the pool to take a little nibble...
We ordered lunch poolside as well, and Doug and I did a ton of swimming with Bri. Like I said, there's little rest for the parents of an only child - heh. After three hours of sunning ourselves, we were beat and headed back to the room.
As soon as people saw us leaving, they started to swarm our seats (swarm! swarm!) - mainly because we had an umbrella! It was kind of crazy!
This is what the pool looked like in the afternoon (the seats on the right and bottom of the photo are all reserved cabanas ~ regular folk can't sit there ~ there really isn't a ton of seating by the pool)...
Bri and I freshened up quickly because we had appointments to get our nails done at the spa...
There is a shuttle that takes you from the hotel to the spa which is just a minute down the road.
Entrance to the Heavenly Spa...
Relaxing in the waiting area...
We got manicures first (a little too hard to take pictures at that point).
Then it was time for our pedis...
Bri's new pedicure...
It was amazing, but the girl that worked on Bri was also Chinese (and had a Chinese accent). Right at the beginning, she asked Bri where she was from. Bri replied "I'm from China" and the girl smiled and said "I am too." She tried to chat with Bri and asked her some questions ~ mainly during the manicure. But, Miss B was in a quiet mood that afternoon. She kind of clammed up - lots of yes's, no's and head shakes. I had to answer some questions for her.
This might surprise you, but Bri does get quite shy around strangers...
On the other hand, the girl that worked on me didn't really talk at all. Which is fine ~ I kind of prefer the quiet.
The pedi felt really nice. After about an hour and a half, we were all done.
Bri showing off her mani/pedi...
Of course, as soon as we left the spa and waited for the shuttle, Bri was talking like crazy again...
Unfortunately, I wasn't too thrilled with how short the girl cut my fingernails (though she painted them nicely). I've never had anyone cut them that short before. She asked me if I wanted my nails "evened out", but I'm quite sure my shortest nail before the mani was that short. At least they grow back. Bri's were longer than mine (slight grumble)...
Doug rested in the room while we were getting pampered. He made a reservation for a restaurant off Hutchinson Island ~ we were looking for some marsh views and good seafood. We found it at Pearl's Saltwater Grille...
The restaurant had a rustic type of feeling...
They served rolls and hush puppies. Except the hush puppies were more like mini beignets without the powered sugar. Delish...
I ordered a crab cake and some grilled shrimp. I wish the shrimp had been a bit hotter (had a great taste though), but the crab cake was out of this world. Probably one of the best I have ever had...
Bri scarfed down her fried shrimp...
After enjoying our meal, we went outside to look at the water for a bit...
Loved looking at all the trees on the drive back...
We got back to our room and decided to just chill for the rest of the evening. The Westin was having an outside oyster bake that evening and there was a band. It was cool being able to view the festivities from our room...
And the band played for a long while...
People night swimming...
Fireworks were going off in the distance from somewhere...
It was getting close to 10PM and we could still hear the band playing (in our room - 11 stories up). It was neat to listen to for a while, but then we were ready for some quiet. We knew everyone was trying celebrate Independence Day weekend, so there really wasn't anything that could be done. But, it was a bit trying. Right at 10PM, the set was over. Whew.
The next day was the 4th. No pool for us that day. The 4th at the pool is a complete madhouse. We decided to visit River Street one more time and enjoy fireworks in the evening!
More to come...
More to come...






















1 Kind Words:
Such a fun holiday! I look forward to my days of mommy-daughter pampering, but at age 5 my princess isn't quite ready for that yet ;)
Post a Comment