November 6, 2015

Red Ribbon Week

 Last week was "Red Ribbon Week" (say no to drugs) at Bri's school. Each day had a theme, and if you know Miss B (and her mom), you know she participated each and every day.

Monday was camouflage day...

 
It was also the day Briana turned in her "ABC Book" book report to school...

Tuesday was Disney day...

Wednesday was red clothing day...

She paired her red shirt with her super groovy leather jacket...

Thursday, it was crazy sock day. Bri wore two pairs of socks (and shorts ~ in October ~ how crazy is our weather?)...

Posing with her gift from Gramma...

Friday was favorite team day...

While Bri was participating in red ribbon week, I was dealing with my lower back issues. I got an MRI on Tuesday...

After waiting a few days, I found out that I indeed have a bulging disc. In fact, I have three bulging discs. My chiropractor says I am an overachiever - heh. So, I just made an appointment to see an orthopedist. Going to see what I need to do - probably some PT. Luckily, I am able to walk and not in pain all the time, but I am always on pins and needles as to when I might pinch my back and have a bad day. Good times.

The weather in GA has been so rainy. Rain, rain and more rain. I actually love rainy days, but I am even sick of not seeing the sun now. It's been kind of depressing. It makes you want to sleep all day...

I managed to snap a picture of my favorite tree at the neighborhood playground last week. It is a beautiful gold color in the autumn...


I managed to snap a quick picture of it on one of the rare sunny afternoons we had last week (this week has been super rainy too). To be honest, the leaf color in Georgia has not been all that impressive this year. There is some, but because of all the rain and wind, the color just isn't what it should be and a lot of the leaves are getting blown down before they get a chance to change. Next week should be peak color week ~ we'll see. It's kind of a bummer.

Speaking of playgrounds, our neighborhood playground is being completely redone and Bri is so excited about it. She can't wait for it to be ready. Lots of cool stuff looks like it's coming in.

Of course, last week was also all about Halloween (as you saw in my last post). I'm still trying to come down from my Halloween high. ;)

2 Kind Words:

RamblingMother said...

Her book report is really good. I hope the pt works on your back.

Debbie said...

That tree is lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails