A few months ago, Doug told me he had a surprise evening planned for me for the night before Christmas Eve. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to know. So, about two weeks before the surprise evening, Doug told me he was taking to me to see Cirque du Soleil's Corteo which was playing at Atlantic Station. We are huge fans of Cirque du Soleil.First, Doug and I dined at Dolce, which was absolutely delicious. I had a "to die for" lobster pasta and Doug had scallops. Then we walked around the shops of Atlantic Station for a little while. In the middle of the Atlantic Station, there is a square which has a huge decorated Christmas tree during the holiday season. At 7PM, there are machines that turn on that blow fake snow. It was really cool, especially for us Atlantans that don't see snow but maybe once a year (and it is usually a dusting). You northerners would be laughing so hard at us because of how neat everyone thought it was!
We walked over to the Cirque tent after the fake snow event. Doug got us tickets in the front row. We could reach out and touch the performers we were so close (of course we weren't allowed to!). The show was phenomenal. We have seen several Cirque shows, and this one was one of the best. I can't thank my sweetie Doug enough for planning such a perfect evening!
And, I want to say a big "Happy New Year" to all of my blog buddies! I hope you all have a wonderful year 2007!

6 Kind Words:
What beautiful happy pictures! I'm glad you had a great time :0)
PS - I think we may need some of that fake snow up here in O-HI-YER ;0)
Wow...how wonderfully romantic!!
I am a huge Cirque fan myself! We've seen a few shows. Loved all of them. Love the pictures - what a sweet hubbie!!
Happy New Year!
Ah...how romantic! What a wonderful surprise! I'm glad you had a great time. I've seen the show once (here at WDW) and it was breathtaking! It was very nice to finally meet you guys! We had a great time New Year's Eve.
Best wishes for 2007!
Michaela, Orlando,FL
I've only seen them once in Vegas...but it was really interesting.
Sounds like a great time! Makes me miss my guy!
Happy New Year!
Sounds like a fabulous evening! What a great "surprise".
As Le Cirque started here, I used to have a couple of friends who were performers. Come to think of it, I think we "invented" snow here, too. :) Although we seem to just be exporting it this year!
Post a Comment