December 28, 2006

More Meaningful Gifts

I have been so busy the last week and a half that I have not had a chance to blog! I feel like I am going through withdrawl! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and I want to wish all of my friends, family and blog buddies a very happy 2007.

Though I wish more than anything that Briana had been here with me this Christmas, I did manage to enjoy the holiday thanks to my friends and family. I received so many thoughtful gifts the last few weeks and I want to share them with you.

First, this is a doll that I saw with my mother in a doll shop and fell in love with it. She looked so real, and when my parents gave her to me for Christmas, I picked her up and she felt real. Every time I feel like I want Briana here with me, I will pick up this doll and hold her and dream of the day when Briana is with me.

This next gift was from my sister Amy and brother-in-law Andy. This is Ling, and she is one of the Language Littles. She speaks Chinese when you squeeze her hands and her knee. Ling will be wonderful in helping Briana learn several Chinese phrases.



This ornament is from my friend Becky. She just brought home her gorgeous daughter Charis from China right before Christmas. She sent me this ornament that she bought in China. As soon as it arrived in the mail, I placed it on the front of my tree and it made me feel closer to Briana.



These charms came from my cousin Michelle. Michelle just adopted her wonderful son Ethan from Russia in May. She went to a party a few weeks ago with a Chinese theme, and charms with Chinese characters were handed out. She received one charm, and then she went around to her friends to get the other three so she could send all four to me. They say "beauty", "luck", "happiness" and "love".



This adorable ornament came from Kathy. She wrote the nicest note on the back, and everytime I look at it, I know that Briana will be home soon.



These adorable little shoes are from my friend Jennifer (who I have been friends with since middle school). There is Chinese writing on each one. The left shoe is pronounced "fu", which means luck, and the right shoe is pronounced "so", which means longevity.



This beautiful plate was sent to me for Christmas by my sister-in-law Ann and brother-in-law Wes. The plate says "Harmony". I have it proudly displayed on my coffee table!



And last, this is my swap gift from my swap buddy this month, Wanda. Our theme was hair glitz and glamour. She absolutely spoiled Briana with hair goodies and accessories!



Thank you to everyone who gave me such thoughtful gifts for Christmas. It means so much to Doug and me. You all are the best!!!

11 Kind Words:

Special K said...

Wow! You really cleaned up! Very thoughtful folks you have in your life. very lucky.

Ps. Thanks for the wainscoating advice. The nursery is my spring project. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I think it'll be fine once I get started but it's going to be alot of work... and that's the dread part. LOL!

Anonymous said...

You got some really cool things. I really like both dolls and the panda ornament!

Stephanie said...

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts you received, Lisa! Let the spoiling commence ;)!

ps. We'll be back from Italy in time for the gathering at your house. Can't wait to see you! Happy New Year!!

Tracy said...

Hi! I found you on Emma's blog! You are LID right before us (we are 11/22/05). That ornament with the pandas is so cute! i have one in dark blue! I picked it up in Hong Kong in October (when I was there visiting my brother).

I sure hope referrals come out soon for December! It's almost Janaury!

Tracy said...

I also wanted to say - how intersting that you live in GA and have a MN agency. I love in MN and have a TX agency - LOL!

Anonymous said...

You got some great goodies!! We have the Ling doll too - I just love her. Can't wait for Hannah to play with her.

Happy New Year!

C's Mom said...

It feels so nice to have such supportive people in your life cheering you on. Briana is going to be blessed with a great family and friends.

Me luvs Ling too...even if the cat did eat her backpack.

LedaP said...

Wow, Awesome! I feel like I have been collecting some nice goodies myself, but you got some really neat stuff...the doll is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Such thoughtful friends and family! What a blessing to be surrounded by such love.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful gifts, so special and meaningful.

Anonymous said...

That doll is adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails