Saturday was quite the busy day for Doug and me! First, we stopped by Georgia and Jeff's house to snack and play some Nintendo Wii. Doug has been looking all over for one of these systems and every store is always sold out. We had a blast with Georgia & Jeff, Mick & James and Matt & Kathy. Oh my gosh, that gaming system gives you quite a workout! I have GOT to get me one of those. I lost at the tennis game to both Mick and Georgia, but I came back and beat Mick at boxing - woohoo!! I was determined to win something! Doug decided to go up against Georgia in boxing. Doug started throwing these girly type punches (I couldn't stop laughing) and he somehow knocked Georgia out in the first round. Wow - it was funny! We had a wonderful time - thanks Georgia and Jeff!
After visiting at Georgia and Jeff's, Doug and I headed over to Lisa and Eammon's house. When Doug and I got our referral and Lisa heard we were getting Briana from Chongqing like Miss Maisie, she told me she had to prepare us some hot pot before our trip to China. When we arrived, we spent some time with Maisie and brought her a few gifts. Before Lisa put her to bed, Maisie kissed us both goodnight. What a cutie! After Maisie went to sleep, we all chowed down on hot pot. The broth that you cook in was filled with hot peppers and peppercorns, so Doug and I were a little nervous at first, but it was perfect. Just spicy enough. It was delish! Not just delish - it was beautiful! Dumplings, shrimp, potatoes and more as far as the eye could see! It was a feast! Then Lisa gave us apple cake with whipped cream. Delicious doesn't describe the dessert well enough. Lisa and Eammon shared lots of wonderful stories (and gave lots of great tips!) about their trip to China. Thanks so much for having us over Lisa and Eammon - we had a fantastic time!

20 Kind Words:
Sounds like a lot of fun!!
Amy
I'm dying to make that hot pot! However, if it isn't something that is normally listed on a kiddie menu, Hubby won't eat it...lol.
As for the Wii, I LOVE mine! We're been using it a LOT lately, and it's so much fun!
Looks like you had a BLAST... You are getting close.. How exciting..
I know you are so excited..
I would be out of my mind..
Can't wait..
Have a GREAT day..
Kim
Thanks for joining us and daring to do hotpot with us. Maisie loves her pressies, thanks again!!
So glad you two had a
wonderful time visiting
with your friends! It
is so nice to have
friends that you can
truly count on!
We have tried the Wii too, it is so much fun! But yes, the boxing especially is a great work out!
I am so thankful I got a Wii for my birthday. Every time we are in a store people give us looks when we're scoping out the Wii games that say, "Not fair, they have a Wii!" Like I said, it was pure luck getting ours. Keep looking, they'll eventually show up. Just start calling the stores that carry them and ask them when they're getting their next shipment in.
Looks like you had so much fun!!!
Well, we are Wii-diculous about our Wii - Wii've had at least five Wii parties and more on the way.
There is nothing that can make my arm hurt more than a Wii party, girl -but it's so darn fun!
That looks like a really fun game.
Sounds like a great day! Hot pot is something I am dying to try.
Keep smilin!
What a wonderful day! That game looks like so much fun. Can you imagine what those games will be like by the time our kids are old enough to play? :)
Your dinner looked fantastic.
That hot pot looks amazing....mmmm what a feast!
Have a great holiday!
Congrats on getting your Visas! That is exciting. And yum - hot pot. Now I am hungry. Wiis are so much fun - we want to get one - but I think we have some moe important baby things to buy first ;)
That looks sooooo yummy!! How cute is that little girl? I can't even stand it.
Um....looks like I know what Santa should bring Jim and I this Xmas. That game looks way too fun.
That game sounds Hilarious!!!
Wow, looks like fun times!!!!!
Looks like you all had a great time. Next year will be even better!
I love seeing the fun you have. Looks like a great time :0)
Our little guy will be 7 on the 21st of July and is getting a Wii. I can't wait for him to open it so that we can play with it. Looks like a lot of fun.
Sherri
Post a Comment