October 19, 2007

Another Week Down

I love to watch Briana when she sleeps. She is so peaceful. She is my little angel.

Briana has changed so much since we got her home. She didn't like to be rocked in the glider when we first got her home, but now she loves it. My heart melts when she is in my arms as I rock her and she looks up at me and smiles. And it has taken a while, but Briana now hugs me back. She always liked me holding her, but I didn't really feel her reciprocate. Now she really clings on and it feels so good. I really feel like she knows I am her mommy. Everything takes time...

And she walks all over the place. She is still a little klutz - kind of walks like she is drunk, but she gets stronger each day. I will be very happy when she stops falling and bumping into things. Unfortunately, I have heard from mothers with older children that it never stops completely - LOL!

We have had a busy week. Monday, we went to the playground. Tuesday, Grandma (my mom) came to visit and we went out for a ladies lunch. Wednesday, we went to music class and saw Miss Maisie on her birthday. Yesterday was errand day. And today, my friend Julie came over to meet Briana and have lunch. Mmmm, Mexican food! We have a full weekend as well - which I will blog about next week! Busy, busy, busy!

Here are a few pictures of Miss Briana...

Walking outside, waiting for Grandma to arrive...

Grandma came bearing gifts!

This groovy bean bag chair arrived via UPS from Briana's Great Aunt Eileen. She loves it! (And yes, she is holding one of my potholders. She was fascinated by it for some reason.)

And just to show that Briana is not always perfect...nice picture, huh? I took away something she wanted. Doug snapped a picture. She looks so pathetic, doesn't she? Adorable, but pathetic.

Yep, she is definitely a spicy girl...

23 Kind Words:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy all your pictures and stories. HAve a good weekend.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Mean ole Daddy took a picture of her when she was all upset. ;)

I'm so happy for you guys. She's just precious.

It's amazing to me that, mostly likely, the next time I see you both, Briana will be FIVE!

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
She is sooo precious...
You must be in heaven all the time...
Love the picture of her crying...
Now I know she is not always happy...
She does cry...
HA HA
Can not wait till that day I hold Isabella..
Glad you will be around to help me through the tough times..and I know it will get better..
Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Kim

Headmeister said...

You know, that crying pic is a classic! We all know that D had to pinch her to get her to cry because she's ALWAYS good ;)

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that beanbag chair!

Special K said...

Such a sweet baby girl. Glad to hear she's relaxing a little and starting to show more affection. I'll have to remember all of this when it's my turn ...and I'm expecting a loveable baby. When in reality it may take her awhile to warm up to me.

dawn said...

I love the beanbag chair. Where is it from>

That final picture of Briana is a classic. She will really love you for that one!

OziMum said...

I'll have "Briana face" if they keep allocate five days a month!!!

Yes, there is nothing more heartwarming that watching your children sleep.

Abby's Mom said...

Briana is absolutely precious :)

Catherine said...

It's so neat to hear how she's changing! I can just imagine how wonderful those baby hugs feel!!! So happy she's sending lots your way.

Cute pic...even the last one. She's still adorable even when sad. Poor pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. It is one of my favourites. We have been home now for 5 weeks with our baby girl also from Chongqing! I still think I am having this amazing dream and I don't want to wake up! You seem like such a positive person and Briana is such a cutie! Hugs from Canada.

Steffie B. said...

The picture are darling. Glad things are moving along! ;) Love the Trick or Treat bag pic! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

She is darling with that big shopping bag in hand!

Cindy said...

that little girl is just the cutest! and yes, we have experienced sobbing faces like that with claire! oh the drama!

Colleen said...

Hannah really has 'just' started to "love" back. And its still not as huggy as I would like..but like you said it takes time. Your bond happened quicker than many.

She is so sweet even in the crying pic. Luvs the bean bag chair.

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

What a little doll!! I can't wait to actually meet her.
Amy

Deb said...

Sweet post! Them's some big crocodile tears!

Liz and Ava said...

Adorable pics! I've had Ava home 6 months now and it wasn't until about 4 months that I really could see that she started to relax and recipricate affection and hugs. Initially she wouldn't even rest her head on me when I rocked her, and she would pinch and slap and then look at me to see what I was going to do. It has just been in the last month that she actually will kling to me and act strange with other people.
I found it very hard emotionally those first few months....when you love a child before you even lay eyes on them and then they don't return that affection.
You will see great changes with Briana's affection and attachment as time passes.

4D said...

What a cutie!!

Keep smilin!

Mick said...

Walks like a drunk? LMAO... now that's funny.

p.s. Check that formula again...

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Beautifil pics (well apart from the one with the tears..poor baby!)

She is just so beautiful and so adorable..totaly flourishing now!

Headmeister said...

Just stopping back for another peek at that gorgeous girl of yours :)

Christie said...

Lisa,
She is truly such a pretty baby - I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful little post...

Thanks for sharing with us...

Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails