April 11, 2012

Spring Break Recap - Friday - Strawberry Picking

Wednesday strawberry picking was a bust - and thank goodness! We had plans to see Suzanne and Matthew on Friday, and Suzanne asked me on Thursday if I was interested in strawberry picking. Isn't that crazy? I said - of course!!! Bri and I loved doing it last year. And see the sweater and jacket in the picture? It was chilly!

We all arrived at the patch at 10:45 and it was packed! I've never seen it so busy. We got our baskets and were on our way...

The kids started picking feverishly. Briana got a bit irritated when I added berries to her basket. Heh.











They really did an amazing job. They really tried to look for the ripe ones. The baskets started to really fill up. They picked for almost two hours!




And then they were sweet to pose for pictures...



I call these next two photos "Aftermath." Look closely at their clothes...


This was the finished product when I washed the berries at home. Slurp ~

The kids were really hungry after picking and there was a gaming place with food about two minutes away from the patch...


The kids gobbled down pizza and then headed for the gaming area...






This game allowed you to speed through the streets of China...

Hurricane! ~

Love these two kids! They are awesome!

 The kids (and the mamas) had the best time. The kids didn't want the fun to end. Bri and I had not seen Matthew and Suzanne since November. Waaaay too long. We must get together again much sooner!

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Time spent with good friends...hard to beat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails