Our very dear friends Khalid and Ansu threw a 2nd birthday party for beautiful daughter Kira on Saturday morning. Here is the birthday girl...
It was a scheduled to be an outdoor pool party. Unfortunately, the hot weather we have been having decided to cool recently and it was raining first thing in the morning. The good news was the weather cleared as soon as the party started, so we could enjoy being outside. But, the pool didn't have a lot of time to warm up.
Of course, you can never go wrong with pizza and juice boxes...
The party kids decided to brave the cool temps of the pool for a little while. Briana had lots of fun for the first ten minutes, and then she started to shiver. And unfortunately, every summer swim lesson Briana ever had flew out of her head and she could not remember how to swim correctly. She got very upset by this. I have friends that have their kids in year round swim lessons - and I can see why. Kids forget. Unfortunately, year round swim lessons aren't possible for us right now. Once it hits June though, I will get in the water with Bri and refresh her memory. There was no way I was getting in that water on Saturday. BRRRR! And I have swim lessons scheduled for Briana again this summer - thank goodness!
I took a shivering Bri out of the pool, put her back into her dress and she returned to Kira's swing set. She LOVED the swing set. It was a big hit at the party for all the kids...
Kira needed a little help from her friends blowing out the candles...
Then back to the swing set...
Once the party wound down, Ansu invited Doug, Bri and I to stay for dinner. Bri and Kira played, and Doug and I got to finally meet and get to know Khalid's extended family that came into town for the party. Khalid has the nicest family!
Kira attempted to take a nap that afternoon. While Kira was in her crib, Briana took full advantage of Khalid's availability. The iPad came out...
But Miss K didn't want to sleep. So out she came and the girls played some more...
Khalid's family made us the most amazing Trinidadian dinner that evening. I am still thinking about it! Everything was delicious. I am going to try to see if his mom and aunt will give me some of their amazing recipes!!
I can't thank Khalid and Ansu enough for hosting us for the entire day!




2 Kind Words:
What a lovely day with friends! And the Tongginator completely forgets how to swim every summer, too. We head back to swim class each June, but - because of her motor planning issues - it takes at least a month to get to where we were the previous August. It's coming in increments. At this rate, she'll be able to swim by age 18.
Ok I must be the odd one out but I thought swimming was like riding a bike. We swim more months a year than you do but we don't swim all year and my girls never forget. Maybe we just swim, all day, every flipping day, over and over again cos it's to hot to do ANYTHING else, for 6 months. LOL
Post a Comment