Look at my kindergarten graduate. Isn't she pretty? (The picture is a scanned proof and it has some dust on it.) I had no idea Briana would be in a cap and gown for both preschool and kindergarten. I had two graduations, but they were for high school and college!
Wow - so many things are coming to an end.
Bri is just about done with kindergarten and she brought home her very first yearbook yesterday...
We've ended horseback riding lessons for the summer. It is just getting too hot to ride. And to be honest, I don't think we will return. Bri loves Ms. Keri and Yogi, but she doesn't love riding. Briana likes people. She needs to be with people. Private riding lessons aren't cutting it. She needs to be on a team. That is what makes her happy. So here are a couple of parting photos from last week...
This is her new love...
She loves soccer. I never have to drag her to the field. She is sad soccer is over for the season. We will most definitely be signing her up again in the fall. Here is her team photo (and yes, she didn't look at the camera - sigh)...
PSR (Catholic school) and Chinese dance have come to an end now for the summer too. We will return to those in the fall. Right now, we have no after school activities and it is kind of nice!
The day after Doug and I got back from our trip, Bri's school was having their spring fling. We were so tired and didn't plan on going. Briana begged and pleaded for us to take her, so we sucked it up and took her that evening. She loved it. And it does make money for her school...
And here is Briana wearing the shirt Daddy got her from the Master's. Cute stuff...
I am going to miss taking pictures of my gal before she heads to kindergarten each day. Don't worry, I will start taking pictures as she goes to 1st grade each day instead (LOL!)...
For some reason, Bri likes to stick her tush out at me and shake it. I call it her "Oatmeal Shaker."
Not sure know why I named it that...
Her sweet, gap-toothed smile. (BTW, her teeth are finally coming in. Hooray!!)
I am going to miss my silly, sweet kindergartner. I was dreading kindergarten and here we are at the end of the year. Now I wish it wouldn't end. I can believe I Briana survived kindergarten. If you thought I freaked with a kindergartner, just wait until first grade (snort)...
Just kidding of course. I was so worried about the "big bad elementary school" and Briana has handled it like a champ. I will be much less stressed this upcoming August.
And speaking of things coming to an end, I am finally going to wrap up my anniversary posts! Yay!
The night of our real anniversary (May 3), Doug and I had Bri's babysitter come over, and we had dinner out. Briana took these pictures of us before we left. Didn't she do well?
Flowers from my parents...
And the last thing that came to an end was the wait for my wine! We shipped it from Napa and it arrived yesterday. Yahoo! :D
Maybe I'll just have to have a toast to everything that is coming to an end.



















5 Kind Words:
Toast all the new beginnings. There will be so many of them and you have so many lovely bottles of wine.
Love that happy, funky girl of yours. Why do they have to get so big so fast?
Hi! Those photos Briana took? I stared at them for a while......you can tell that you and Doug are looking back at someone you love very very much :)
I love all the posts from your trip. It looks amazing. Briana looks like she had a grand time with the grandparents. So glad you all were able to enjoy some time away. Now enjoy your wine and sweet memories of your trip and all the things coming to a close.
I may just join you in the toasting :) Life is moving at break neck speed it seems, weren't they all babies just yesterday!
Ms Bri is going to rock 1st grade :)
Phew! You scared me with your post title and I thought you were considering shutting down your blog. Nooo!
So glad you were 'just' posting about events and stuff that is ending for the summer.
Gorgeous pic of your kindergarten graduate! *sniff* she looks so grown up!
Have a great summer! So many fun activities in your plans I'm sure!
Happy Anniversary friend! So thankful you had such a wonderful time away with your hubby!
Miss you!
Post a Comment