May 6, 2012

Napa Valley Vacation - Final Thoughts

What else can I say really? The trip was amazing. I was with my best guy in a beautiful, relaxing place. I was in desperate need of a vacation. I had never left Briana for an extended period of time. Almost 5 years. It was definitely time to reconnect with my hubby.

Looking back at past anniversaries...

We went on a wonderful honeymoon to Grand Cayman back in 1997. 

We returned to Grand Cayman in 2002 for a belated 5th anniversary trip (we went with some friends in August of that year), but I got a horrible flu/cold while I was there and was bedridden for most of it. A bit of a bummer.

We didn't go anywhere on our 10th anniversary because the biggest trip of our lives was just a few months ahead of us. A trip to China in July 2007. We had spent 6 years of our marriage trying to start a family. Our daughter was the best belated anniversary gift ever.

And now we just finished an amazing trip to Napa Valley to celebrate 15 years of marriage. Napa Valley had been on my bucket list for years and years. And it was everything I imagined. I need to thank Doug for working so hard to make it so special. I had been ill for many months as most of you know and planning an anniversary trip was pretty much at the bottom of my list. I was just trying to get through each day. I prayed I would even be well enough to go to California. A few short months before the trip, I started feeling better and luckily, Doug had already taken the reigns to make this trip happen. And he did an amazing job.

A huge thank you to my parents that took amazing care of Briana while we were gone (they came and lived at our house for 6 days). She had the best time with them. She hardly missed Doug and me at all and that is exactly what I had hoped for. 

My mom and dad took a ton of pictures of Briana over those few days and I felt like I was with them. They e-mailed us pics while we were in Napa so we could see what they were up to.

I will share some of their adventures in my next post.

Hmmm, now I need to start thinking about where go to for our 20 year anniversary. :D


3 Kind Words:

Tracy said...

Maybe go try Grand Cayman again - you know I am a fan. ;) Napa sounds like it was amazing! I have never been...but if Adam and I ever do a couples trip (I know we will - but no idea when), that sounds like the perfect place. Doug was so sweet to plan it while you were not feeling great all that time...and so wonderful that B had such wonderful care while you were gone. Happy Anniversary!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What an amazing trip you have been on~ such a blessing to your marriage I am sure! We seem to only go on trips to China. LOL XOXO

Debbie said...

In this day and age, 15 years of happy marriage is something to celebrate Lisa......and although we have never met (although I feel we have if that makes sense!) you seem to have a great relationship :) Dx

Related Posts with Thumbnails