At the beginning of the school year, my gal brought home a full sheet of paper with 31 lists of words to be learned over the course of the school year. Each list contained 7 to 10 words. I wasn't sure Briana could do it. It really was a daunting task. She was barely reading anything when school started. Week by week, she and I worked through the lists. Some weeks were awesome and easy. Others were tougher - especially when Bri wasn't in the mood to learn her words. I would highlight each list when she recited them to her teacher, and then her teacher would punch her green card.
Yesterday, she completed her last two lists! I'm so proud of her!!!!
She received a medal for her hard work and she got her name placed inside the paper gumball machine that is hung up on the wall in kindergarten hall at school.
It was a very happy day!


1 Kind Words:
Way to go Briana! Reading is a wonderful new world that has opened up to you!!
Post a Comment