Things around here are starting to wind down. The soccer season was supposed to come to an end as of Saturday. Except - we got rained out a few weekends ago and now we have a 9AM makeup game on Saturday, May 4 (ouch). But technically, the spring soccer season is over for U6 soccer.
Tuesday evening, we had our very last practice...
Friday evening, Bri had yet another makeup game (it has rained a lot on the weekends this spring). She played a team that she had not played yet this season. Unfortunately, Miss B wasn't feeling it and it was very obvious. For the first 20 minutes of play, she wasn't even really trying at all. She was kicking the ball and then not following through with it. She was letting the other girls take the ball from her. I am not a person that needs Briana to make goals, but I do want to see her give it her best - especially when I know she can. I'll admit, I was getting frustrated watching her. I wondered if she was tired after a long day at school, but Bri has practice every Tuesday evening, so I didn't think that was it. So, Doug and I gave her a little pep talk on a short break. Then once she got back on the field, the old Bri was back and she ended up scoring 4 goals. I asked her later what the problem was that day. I asked her if she was nervous playing a new team. She admitted that she was nervous. She remembered playing that team in the fall and they were a bit tough. I told her that it is ok to be nervous, but she still had to try, even if she couldn't score. I rather see her miss the goal 100 times than not try at all.
So after the game, the team (minus one player) went to Yogli Mogli for a small end of season party. The girls had a really good time...
I started to realize upon taking this picture, they were trying each other flavors. Ahem...
Then it was time for the handing out of the trophies.
The little red headed girl, M, was no doubt the MVP of Friday's game. She scored a ton of goals. She was a mini machine!
The trophies were so cute...
Awesome Team Argentina!!!
Bri loves Coach Kari...
And even though we had a Friday night game, we had our normal Saturday game as well. The girls were great on the field and Briana played hard (7 goals). She made a beautiful goal where her teammate G kicked the ball toward the goal but it wasn't going to make it and Briana came in from the side and popped it in.
Go Team Argentina!
These girls have played together for two seasons now and they have progressed so much. They are working as a team and learning to pass and control the ball. It is amazing how far they have come.
I have a mixed bag of emotions about soccer ending this season. I am going to miss watching Briana play on Saturdays and I'm going to miss chit chatting with the other soccer moms. I'm also going to miss U6 soccer. Bri and her team will be moving up to U8 in the fall.
On the other hand, it will be nice to get my Saturdays back for a while. And Georgia summers stink. I'm glad I don't have to sit and watch Bri play in 100 degree weather right now. (I will probably have to do so in future summers if we stick with this soccer thing.)
I'll be very ready when soccer starts back up in the fall and I know Bri will be too!
We also finished up Chinese dance on Saturday afternoon for the summer - but that is my next post. :)




0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment