June 14, 2013

First Swim Lesson Of The Summer

Briana and I were quite sad when Bri's previous swim instructor decided not to teach lessons this summer. But she recommended another instructor that lives in her neighborhood, so we were able to schedule lessons at the same pool we have been practicing at the past two summers! 

Bri's first lesson was yesterday, and she was a bit nervous at first with someone new. She wasn't listening as well as she should and I felt a lot of what she learned last summer had gone out the window. I was a bit worried - not sure she was going to "get it" at all.

About 15 minutes into the lesson, Briana started to get her groove back. She started feeling more comfortable in the water. She remembered what her previous instructor had told her and listened better to her new one.

She has come such a long way, but she still has a ways to go. I don't think she will ever be swim team material (she is my soccer player), but I do hope she will become a more confident swimmer. She needs to work at bit on coordination (getting her arms and legs to work together and at the same time) and breath control. Bri can get from one side of the pool to the other without help, but she definitely likes someone in the pool with her when she does it. She still lacks confidence in the deep end right now.

We have another hour lesson tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

 Working on her kicks...

Swimming on her back and working on backstroke...

Briana really likes her new instructor - thumbs up!

And since we were at the same neighborhood pool as previous summers, she got to swing on her favorite swing again...

Stevie B's celebratory lunch for such an awesome lesson. She requested Hawaiian pizza - her favorite...


2 Kind Words:

Catherine said...

Way to go Bri!

Andreea Hellen Red said...

Great!I can't swim at all,and now I'm sorry that I didn't took some lessons when I was a kid.And I am also afraid of water :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails