August 15, 2014

A Low Key Week (And That's A Good Thing!)

It really has been a quiet week. Bri went off to school each day and then I went to pick her up. We worked on homework, I made dinner, we'd hang out and talk and watch TV. Then it was time for bed. Routine - it can be a nice thing. :)

Monday and Tuesday, Bri was wearing her wavy hair to school from the wet braids I put in over the weekend. She looked so cute. On Tuesday, B was wearing the new bow that Ms. Kathy made for her birthday. 

Who doesn't love Anna and Elsa?

Bri of course asked to take a silly picture...

She looked so stinkin' cute on Wednesday. Rocking the Monster High gear...

 
Doug headed out of town for business that day. So Wednesday night, Miss B and I went to her favorite restaurant - Stevie B's for pizza...

Then she and I went to Michaels to use a gift card she got for her birthday. She bought this adorable little stuffed dog (Bri dressed the dog herself)...

Thursday, Briana looked so cute once again. She was wearing an outfit that Aunt Ann and Uncle Wes got her for her birthday...

Thursday afternoon, I got a text from my friend Laura asking if Bri and I wanted to meet her and her daughter E at the pool. At first, my head was swimming with "but we have homework to do and I need to make dinner." Then I thought to myself "loosen up - summer is almost over so take advantage - what the heck?!" I'm so glad we did go because the girls (both young and grown up alike) had a very nice time...

And now it is Friday. Doug is trying to get home. His flight was delayed several hours - which is very frustrating. He was supposed to be home when Miss B got home. She cried a little last night because she really missed him. So a quick call to daddy was necessary. Hoping he'll be home by dinner time.

This morning, Bri woke up all smiles (because it is Friday!) and sported her spirit gear for school...

One of my best gifts to Briana for her birthday is her Snackeez cup. She seriously loves this thing. I bring her a drink and snack when I pick her up in school car line. She thinks it is awesome...


 Briana and I just sat down and watched the new Sofia the 1st episode with Mulan. We both loved it! It was all about girl empowerment - a great message! Briana loved it so much, she is actually watching it again as I write this...

We have another quiet weekend on tap. Gonna take advantage of it because the other weekends ahead of us are already starting to fill up a bit.

Have a good weekend ya'll!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails