August 12, 2014

Calming Things Down A Bit

 I picked Briana up from school on Friday and we were both so happy that Briana got through her first week at school with no issues or problems. It was a pretty seamless week thank goodness.

To celebrate one school week down, Doug, Bri and I had a celebratory hibachi dinner (with a side of dumplings) on Friday night...

The teacher gave Bri this sparkling pencil and a piece of white paper to decorate for her writing notebook at school. Briana came up with this winged pencil idea. Am I crazy or is that pretty darn creative?  I would have never thought of that...

This weekend was really laid back. I needed to decompress. I've had lots of stress and excitement the last several weeks. Briana got a chance to ride her new bike. It fits like a glove...


 Sunday night, Doug, B and I went to a local Italian restaurant for dinner and I ordered an amazing chicken risotto primavera. I just had to take a picture - it was so good. I'm still thinking about it...

My mom e-mailed me a bunch of photos this weekend that she just took off her camera - including a few from my birthday. 

Me and my best guy...

Briana photo bomb...

And Bri scarfing down the chocolate covered strawberry from my cake...

And so Monday came back around and it was time for school again. I had put Bri's hair in wet braids on Saturday night and took them out on Sunday. It gave Bri's hair a bit of wave - which she thought was so awesome...

So that is the scoop for now. The rest of this month should be pretty quiet - except for my nephew turning 6, soccer starting at the end of the month (with Doug as the new coach) and Doug traveling a little bit.

I'm ready for a little normalcy again. :)

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Cautiously waiting for my new "normal" to start....this time next week will be Gracie's first day of school!

Hope your revelling in your "normalcy", Lisa!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails