Another sad farewell. I feel like we are saying goodbye to amazing people way too much lately. :(
Bri's BFF Izzy and her family moved away to Florida a little over a week ago and we miss them so much already. Before they moved, we tried to get in as many play dates and get togethers as we could.
One afternoon, Izzy came over to play and the girls set up a whole "restaurant" in Bri's playroom...
Can you tell my kid loves Chinese food? Heh...
Doug, Bri and I met Izzy, her brother Christian and her mom Katie for bowling one Saturday afternoon...
The kids enjoyed the bowling, but I think they liked the air hockey and video games even better...
Then we had Izzy over for a sleepover one weekend.
Pizza party picnic in the playroom...
The girls coming to "attack" me...
After hours of play and a late bedtime, the girls went right to sleep in the guest room...
Special sleepover breakfast ~ pancakes and fruit...
Katie and I even had a "girls night out sans kids" one evening. She took me to the shooting range - my very first time! I was quite nervous, but I did pretty dang good if I do say so myself. It was really fun...
And Bri was happy that Izzy made the school field trip (more on that in another blog post)...
Then we had one last dinner with the crew a couple of nights before they headed out...
Cutest girls in the world...
I know we will stay in touch with Izzy and her family via FB, e-mails and Facetime. And luckily they have family in town, so our paths will definitely cross again. But, we really miss them being right in the neighborhood.
Doug, Bri and I wish them all the best of luck in their new home in FL! It already sounds like they are settling in and enjoying their new surroundings!






1 Kind Words:
So sorry Bri had to say goodbye. It's tough when friends move away. ((Hugs)) Bri.
Post a Comment