September 10, 2017

Bri's 1st Day Of Middle School (6th Grade)

August 1 was Bri's very first day of middle school. She was quite nervous, but she was totally ready and prepared. 

She looked so grown up and beautiful that morning...


You can see she was a bit nervous. She wore capris to school that day. The dress code for middle school is very strict. Shorts cannot be shorter than 5 inches above the knee. So, we bought a lot of Bermuda shorts this year. To be honest, I was sometimes surprised at some of the short shorts that I used to see on little girls going into elementary school. I am actually not too upset with this rule.

My friend/neighbor Jennifer gave me some advice for the first day. She warned that the drive to the 1st day of school was going to be a madhouse. She recommended leaving the house around 2 hours before school started - no joke. The reason is that there is one road that leads to the middle school. And, the high school and elementary school are at the end of that road too. Pretty much everyone likes to drop off their kid off on that first day of school - so it gets nuts.

Bri's school is in the country! LOL! We drive past cow pastures to get there...

Doug and I both went to school with her that day...

We left our house 1.5 hours before school started to be safe. We drove easily to the school and just sat in the parking lot until drop off. Drop off is 30 minutes before school starts. We did sit there about an hour.

 We made the decision to drop B off in front of the school. I didn't see any parents walking their kids in that day. A few parents waited on the curb and watched their kids walk in. I guess the bigger kids are too cool for goodbyes in the hallway now (heh)...

 I am SOOOOO glad we took Jennifer's advice. When we left the parking lot of the middle school, we saw that the road to the school was bumper to bumper. Miles and miles of just sitting and inching. There is no doubt that many kids were quite late to school that day. I didn't want Bri to stress about being late on the first day (the right decision for sure)...

The good news is that traffic has calmed down immensely and we don't have to leave that early to get to school now.

 So - then I stressed waited ALL day. Hoping that Bri was having a great day.

And when she got home - she showed me this...


She had a great day. She was happy. She was less stressed. She found all her classes easily. She had a at least one friend in all of her classes. All went well that day!!

We had a celebratory 1st day of middle school dinner. She picked Steak 'n Shake...

Bri won a rainbow panda out of the crane machine (I swear she is a crane machine guru) and she was over the moon. It was a great ending to a very big day.

1 Kind Words:

Tracy said...

Have a great time in middle school, Briana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails