46.
46 weeks behind us since coronavirus hit the state of Georgia.
I had a post all lined up that I had planned to write, but I am just not feeling it now. This post will be strictly coronavirus based because that is what is first and foremost in my mind.
I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm resentful. I'm defeated.
I wish I could write about the food I've been cooking or the things Bri has been learning in school or the shows I've been binge watching, but I just can't today. I'm finding it hard to post funny or uplifting things lately on FB or Insta because all those common "regular" things seem so insignificant in the scheme of things.
Two people I know (I'll call them "close acquaintances" for lack of a better term) and their families are currently grieving the loss of two moms/matriarchs who lost their battles to Covid on Sunday and today (Monday) respectively. It's beyond heartbreaking.
I also know way too many people who are sick with Covid right now. It's not the f-ing flu. It never was.
Look how many people are now dead in the United States alone since this started...
Guess what?
Too many ignorant people didn't want to do it - with the help of our last horrible last administration. That's why. And now look what is happening.
I know B!den is trying really hard to work on Cov!d relief now, but we are so behind on distribution. Things can only go so fast. It's going to take a while.
Briana's home public high school will be going back to a 3 consecutive day weekly schedule soon. All the kids. 2000 kids in one school with only suggested mask use and no social distancing. I guess I can't say too much because Bri doesn't go to the school now anyway and may never end up going there.
I know that hybrid learning is difficult for some students, but unfortunately, it's really the safest alternative until this virus is contained. Of course wearing a mask while doing it is even safer.
I actually read someone from the community say "well, they can do it because we have herd immunity now." OMG. No we don't. Herd immunity only occurs with widespread vaccinations. This is where pure ignorance plays a huge part in the pandemic problem. People can get this virus again, and they can continue to spread it to their loved ones if they get it again. I honestly don't know why the school is doing it. Going three days makes absolutely no sense. If you are going to throw all those kids together, why not just make it 5 days instead of 3? It makes no difference. They are going to be shoved all together anyway. It's just ridiculous.
Here are just a sample of conversations that I am seeing from members of my local school community (and yes, some are shaming teachers who are afraid to teach during a deadly pandemic)...
So many people don't understand this virus. And even if they do understand it, they don't care. I'm starting to realize that. If these people don't have anyone directly associated to them who has gotten severely ill, hospitalized or has died, it doesn't affect them at all. If they recover from it or have family members who recover from it, it actually solidifies their stance in not giving a crap. They just don't care even more. And I'm also realizing for some, even if they do know someone who has been hospitalized or has died, they still don't care. It's a "everyone dies at some point - so what?" mentality. It's one that can't be changed.
So you know what?
I'm done. I'm done talking about it. I'm done trying to inform about it. I'm done getting publicly upset about it. I'll just stay in my house like I've been doing the past year doing my own thing with my own family...
I know that a lot of you who are still reading my blog are in "my camp." You think the way I do. You believe in the science. I know that. You are distancing and masking and being as careful as you possibly can.
I'm pretty sure anyone who has refused to social distance and mask probably isn't reading my blog anymore anyway.
It's hard for me to accept that so many people don't understand and/or care how deadly this virus is. Living through a pandemic is difficult enough without dealing with so many who deny or reject it. It's that double whammy that is starting to really kill my spirit.
This virus is bad (click the link)...








2 Kind Words:
I totally agree! It’s beyond scary! I have no words....
I agree as well! Lisa, you can't fix stupid! I just lost another friend of over 37 years in an argument over this and the "last administration." I give up.
Post a Comment