I am so glad to be back! I am alive and kickin'! I am feeling so much better now, and thank you for all the comments wishing me to get well. And I needed to get well because my sister Amy (with some help from my mom) threw me the most beautiful baby shower for my local Atlanta friends and family yesterday! 
Amy really went above and beyond for this shower and didn't miss one amazing detail. Delicious food, beautiful decorations and a cake that she had made to look just like the shower invitation! In one room (the hor derves room), she had a China theme with dragons and red balloons. In another room (which we called the cake room), she decorated it all in pink and white, and in the family room (the gift opening room), I had my own special chair decorated with balloons. I can't even begin to thank her and my mom for all of their hard work.
We did play a couple baby games. The first was a memory game where you had to write as many baby items (nail clippers, pacifier, etc) that you could remember that were tied to a clothing hanger and were shown to everyone for only about a minute. Most correct guesses was the winner. The second game was hilarious. All the girls had to draw on a piece of paper what they think Briana will look like - except they had to do it with their eyes closed. I can tell you that there were some really funny pictures. I had to vote for my favorite (which was so hard), but Lisa S. won that one!
And I want to thank all of my friends, family and my bloggy/adoption family who came to the shower to celebrate my special day! You all spoiled me beyond my wildest dreams and made me feel so incredibly special. I really love all of you girls!
Here are some very special moments from the day!

28 Kind Words:
What a fantastic day it looked to me. Oh my LOOT!!! You got some great things. I sure do know that necklace you got - I have one too. I'd recognize that box anywhere. Where it with pride Mommy...cuz...YOU ARE NEXT!!!!! What a great day. :-)
What a haul! You made out.
Looks like a wonderful day. You deserve it.
How fun!! I love all the pictures! So happy you had a shower!
What a GREAT day!! I LOVE the two chairs Brianna received today! The rocker is so spcecial! Enjoy all of the goodies!!!
it was great fun!!
What a fun day!
What a GREAT day ... Great gifts..
Enjoy.. You will have a precious little girl pretty soon.
Kim
OH! I am so sad that I had to miss the fun! Don't worry, hope to see you on Tuesday so I can give you my gift :-)
Oh - really glad that you are all better!
Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I can hardly believe that it has come and gone now. I love that even Doug got a few gifts too. Amy and your Mom did a fablous job with EVERYTHING. Her house was beautiful as were you. Soon, you'll have your referral. I can't wait for that to happen so we can all see Briana's precious face! - It's really happening~
I was very sorry to haved miss it. It looks like you all had a great time and lots of fun, which makes me even sorrier!
I think you're timing turned out perfectly, since by the time you get all that stuff home and put away properly, it will be Briana time. It's almost here!
2 more weeks? I remember when I was saying 3 more months to you! Although I think that was about 5 months ago. :-)
Beautiful gifts! It's a great feeling when reality hits, and you realize that there will actually be a BABY at the end of all this waiting!!
Congrats on your shower! I am so glad that you felt better for it, too.
Isn't it amazing to have a baby shower after all these years of waiting? Mine is in about 1.5 months, and it is hard to believe! I am so excited for you, for me - for so many of us!! But especially you as you are NEXT!!!
Wow...look at all that fun stuff! Love the dragon decorations. Can you find out where she got those and let me know?
Wow what a wonderful suprise! I'm glad your feeling better, I'm sure the shower was great therapy!
Lovely gifts and decorations.
Ok, I was said enough already for missing the shower. Now, I feel even worse after seeing the pictures!
It looked just lovely! And look at that loot!!! I'm so glad you felt better.
Now hurry up with the referrals!
HOW FUN!! Your sister rocks (mine did a similar thing for me recently to celebrate my LID)...
glad you had such a great time- I can't believe how close we are to seeing your baby's precious face!
How fun! Glad you enjoyed your special day. Now, c'mon Briana!!!
How awesome for you!!! I'm sure it felt like Christmas all over again and you got some really neat things! There were a few I saw that I thought to myself, "I want one of those!" BTW, I used to own that same red top but I'm big on the bottom and little on top (not well proportioned - God didn't give me with a nice chest) and I was swimming in it. I thought my breasts were going to fall out through the neck opening. It looks great on you though!!!
That is great! Looks like it was a great shower!
What a great shower! I can tell by your smile that it was a special day.
Keep smilin!
What a great shower!
Glad it was a special day for you!
SO AMAZING!!! What a great day and what great friends and family!
You deserve it, sweet girl. :)
Wow! What a great shower - Rock on Amy! Lisa, I'm so glad to hear and see what a great time you had!
Wow! Lucky you to have such thoughtful friends and family!! :O)
Okay, that actually made me want to cry because it was so beautiful, all the love that went into that party. Wonderful! You must be so happy!
Very exciting, cant wait for that referral photo
WOW...looks like a great time! Love, love, love the decorations and cake! The games sound fun as well! Love the pictures too!
That's so nice! You are getting so close!
Post a Comment