January 6, 2009

Little Miss Grumpy


Yes, things are still a little rough at casa de Briana - as you can see. The first night after Briana started her antibiotic (Sunday night), she slept 12 straight hours. NICE. She and I had a down day yesterday - just a few errands. She had a hard time going to sleep last night though, and she did yell out a couple of times in the night (just enough to wake me up). I am not sure if it was related to pain, if her belly is now messed up due to the antibiotics or if it's Bri just being Bri.

Today, we went to story time and Briana was a little grumpy at first, but she managed to pull it together and had some fun. She also had a good time at lunch and in the indoor playground. She fell asleep in the car on the way home.

Waking up from her nap this afternoon was another story. She was being just plain ugly. Ugh. I finally managed to get her to lie down on my bed and watch "Wonder Pets".

This is going to be a long week...

25 Kind Words:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hey now! That's how I look and act in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

Love those pics of Briana!!! Mary Lin took 2 hours to fall asleep for her nap - then an hour later I had to wake her up so she'll be able to go to sleep tonight! Ugh. Glad we had some comfort food today!

Anonymous said...

Oops - this is Amy :-)

Unknown said...

Sorry that your little lady is having a rough time. Hang in there! Luckily it will soon pass. (I remind myself that occassionally!)

Kim said...

Sorry to hear this girly..
She will feel better soon..
Hugs..

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

What a cutie face...even though she is being grumpy!
Hope she gets better soon and then you can get some rest too!

Unknown said...

but she is just tooo stinkin cute

Doug and Terrye said...

OOOOOH!!! Wonder Pets!!! This is sewious ;) Lenny, Tuck, and Ming Ming too can make even the grumpiest feel just a little bit happier

Terrye in FL

Kim said...

lol she's too cute to be grumpy!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I don't think I have ever seen her not smiling...poor baby!! Hope that she is back to her cheery self in no time....and hope you are getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep too!!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Poor munchkin, but those pictures are just to cute.
Donna

Jill said...

Poor baby girl! Hope she's back to herself here soon!

Lisa~~ said...

But such a cute grumpy face. Hope that she's feeling better soon and that your week improves!

Lisa and Tate said...

Even grumpy... she is adorable!!!Next week she will be back to her active happy cute self!!

Deb said...

Hummmm, sounds like my typical morning....mind you she doesn't look quite as scairy as I!
I remember going threw some tough times when Jac was little, she had ear aches and infections all the time. It's so hard to see them in pain when you can't do much to comfort them. My heart goes out to you both.
Bless your week.

Autumn said...

aww poor baby :(

Antibiotics can do a number on the tummy. They kill all bacteria, both good and bad, so I would pick up some probiotics at whole foods, or Life grocery or where ever you can pick them up. (prefer Life personally, but my little herb store up here is quite helpful) Her tummy will recover soon with the help from the probiotics. (acidophilus is also helpful) And if she ever needs antibotics again, or just sick, having the probiotics on hand will be a great help :)

I hope she feels better very soon and you all get some rest.

Julie said...

It's funny to see such a grumpy face on Briana when we are used to seeing the smiling ones! Glad to hear that she is on her way to recovery. Naomi gts really grumpy when she is hungry so I make sure not to delay meals and keep snacks in my bag. After nap is the worst ... grumpy and mean!

p.s. you may want to start her on probiotics after the antibiotics are done. Good for the tummy!!

kitchu said...

she sure makes one very cute grumpy :)
hope she feels back to herself very soon!

Ani said...

Poor Bri. When our son is in strong or new antibiotics, his dr usually prescribes these little capsules that you sprinkle on food and help make it easier on his tummy (for the life of me I can't remember the name!). Also, along with the antibiotics, we get some pain relieving ear drops which really help.

Good luck! Hope you get your happy girl back soon.

OziMum said...

Aaaaawww. Poor Bri! (Poor Mummy & Daddy!) Hope that she is feeling better soon! Being sick... and grumpy is never good?!!

RamblingMother said...

{{hugs}} to you as I totally understand!

C's Mom said...

Aww...sorry you're having a tough time of it right now.

At least one positive, Briana is still cute as they come even when grumpy and feeling low.

Sharon said...

The shots say it all. You are such a great mom!! It will all be fine, don't worry!! I am praying though, just to help you glide through!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Wishing you STRENGTH for this week, L. I know how hard it can be. Hang in there, it WILL get better, I promise.

Tracy said...

So cute - but definitely not her normal look from past pics! I am sorry it is such a rough week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails