March 2, 2014

Trying To Get Back Into The Swing Of Things

Everything has just felt so weird lately.

Dec, Jan, Feb - have all been just such strange months. I was so sick in December and Doug got sick too. And Asia was sick too. In Jan, I brought Asia to the vet more times than I want to talk about, Doug traveled a lot and Bri struggled with the Venture program. February had all that crazy snow, Bri had tons of time off school and Asia passed away. Disney was a good get away for us, but it totally took us out of our routine. Briana had not had a full week of school in five weeks. She was forgetting what school was!

When we got home from Disney, I felt completely worn out. Like sit on the couch and can only watch TV kind of worn out. Monday came and Briana went back to school - and went all five days! I blogged during the week, but to be honest, I didn't do much of anything else. I felt like I was just "overdone." 

Doug and I did get Briana to her first soccer practice of the season on Monday evening (see above), and that felt more "normal" to me.

During the week, the temps were finally warming up in GA. I did take Bri to the neighborhood playground one afternoon so she could get some energy out and we could enjoy the weather. I still felt so tired though...


After swinging on a regular swing for while, Briana stuck her bottom in a baby swing (she didn't put her legs in obviously) and asked me to push her. I obliged. It felt like when she was a toddler. I miss those days sometimes...


Then two little girls showed up and she started to play with them. I'm glad B can just play with kids that she doesn't know wherever she goes...

Like I said before, I had been feeling really tired. More tired than usual. I just chalked it up to being tired from Disney. But that wasn't it. I was getting sick. I guess my immune system is run down. I started coughing a bit on Thursday. By Friday, I was feeling pretty icky. So glad this didn't happen during the Disney trip.

I had canceled my haircut appointment three times over the last couple of months due to sickness and snow, so I had to do that on Friday no matter what. But after I picked up Bri from school that day, I went to bed. Heavy chest, coughing, tingling skin and bad headache.

I still felt badly yesterday (Saturday) and ended up missing Bri's first soccer game of the season so I could rest. That made me sad. My gal made two goals though... 



I desperately want to get back into the swing of things. It is hard when I feel sick. I don't feel as sick as I did in December - thank goodness. But I am still sick with something. I doesn't seem like something doctor worthy yet, but I'll monitor and run to the doctor if necessary. I don't have a lot of motivation right now - to do anything. And I miss my cat.

I need to get over this sickness. I need to get back into the swing of things. I need my motivation back. I'm just not sure how to do it.

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails