July 26, 2014

We Finally Met In Person

I've have been blogging on "Life With Briana" (formerly "Waiting For Briana") for almost 8 years now. My first post was on July 30, 2006. Little did I know that Briana's gotcha day would be exactly one year later.

When the wait times extended for those in the China adoption program, blogging became a lifeline for so many of us. We leaned on one another for support and comfort. Then when our kids finally started coming home, we started to share that part of our lives. So many of us had never met in person (and still haven't met), but we felt connected and were online friends. Many of us have stayed connected. Most of the China adoption bloggers (at least the ones I followed) have shifted to Facebook now, so I am able keep up with them there - which is so great.

I'm one of the few die hard bloggers left. I can't seem to let the blog go. It is more of a scrapbook for Briana now. And in time, as Bri gets older - she may not want me to share as much. There isn't all that much drama in the life of an 8 year old, but the older she gets, her life will become more complex and complicated (not saying that in a bad way) and she may want to keep her life more private at that time.

But for now, I'm staying. :)

I followed Bailey and her family for years through her blog, as did Lisa. And Bailey followed both of ours.

Bailey contacted me and Lisa several weeks ago to say that her hubby and daughters, Ladybug and Butterfly, were coming through town and they wanted to meet us. It was an immediate yes on both of our parts! We were all so excited to meet in person!

 Finally on Wednesday, Bri and Maisie got to meet Ladybug and Butterfly! They all became instant friends...

 



Bailey, Lisa and me - finally in the same room. It was so nice. It seemed like we already "knew" one another (because we did!)...

A big thanks to Lisa for hosting the evening.

I wish we could have even more time together. There was still so much more we could have talked about.

Well, now I will just have to figure out a way to go visit them. :)

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

I think that is pretty amazing, Lisa!

Debbie said...

Oh, and I for one am glad you are staying!

Related Posts with Thumbnails