September 22, 2014

Fall Break - Our Trip To Blue Ridge

Doug told me a few weeks ago that he had a business trip come up that was going to take him out of town during most of Briana's fall break. We were all disappointed because we always like to try to do something as a family during that time.

Doug still wanted to try to figure something out for the few days we had left of the break. We figured the best way to have a mini vacation would be to do something close to home. We thought Blue Ridge would be perfect - it is a little under two hours from where we live.

We picked a beautiful little cabin to rent right off of a trout stream. Instead of coming home on Thursday (getting home Thursday afternoon/evening), the hubby took the red eye late Wednesday to get home first thing on Thursday. That way we could get in an extra day (what a trooper!).

We arrived at the cabin on Thursday afternoon and got home Sunday afternoon. It was a perfect, relaxing vacation. 

Fishing, shopping, apple picking, eating and of course relaxing were all things on the menu.

I have lots to blog about regarding the trip, and I will do that in my next few posts.

For now, I have to get back to my regularly scheduled programming. I dropped Briana off at school a little while ago and I have a bunch of things to get done while she is gone.

Hope you all have a great first day of fall!

1 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Looking forward to hearing about your trip Lisa!

Isnt it amazing how much you can get done when the girls are at school....yay!!!!

Ps Hopefully be blogging this week as Im just about ready to surface from my cave :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails