I had a quiet Mother's Day this year - which was exactly what I wanted. I had a few busy weeks and weekends leading up to Mother's Day, so I just wanted to rest. The only thing we did that day was go out to dinner. Doug took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
He bought me this beautiful top for M's Day and my parents got me the necklace I am wearing...
Doug told Bri to give me a kiss that evening. What we didn't realize was that we had just recreated the photo Doug that had taken of us on my very first Mother's Day as a mom...
Isn't that something?
We arrived at the restaurant and it was already quite crowded...
Me and my gal...
We ordered calamari, salad, filet and lobster mac n cheese...
Bri actually chowed down on some lobster bisque too that I did not take a picture of. Everything was delicious. And everything went smoothly with the dinner until the very end.
Unfortunately, I didn't get dessert because it took forever for it to come out (it actually never came out and we just decided to pay the check and leave). So that was kind of a bummer.
On Mother's Day, I posted this photo on FB of me, my sister and my mom (probably taken in 1975 or 1976)...
Unfortunately, I didn't get dessert because it took forever for it to come out (it actually never came out and we just decided to pay the check and leave). So that was kind of a bummer.
On Mother's Day, I posted this photo on FB of me, my sister and my mom (probably taken in 1975 or 1976)...
My mom and I met for a quiet lunch a couple of days before Mother's Day and we exchanged gifts. My sister was supposed to join us, but she got sick unfortunately.
My mom got me this plaque that I had seen while we were out shopping a few weeks before, and I absolutely love it - lol!
My mom got me this plaque that I had seen while we were out shopping a few weeks before, and I absolutely love it - lol!
A week before Mother's Day (May 3rd), Doug and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. Doug took me to a delicious lunch that day...
We were going out of town the next day for a family event, so I spent a lot of my anniversary packing for the weekend! My next post will be about that event!













0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment