May 29, 2018

Strawberry Picking 2018

Doug, Bri and I had a quiet Sunday afternoon open to head over to a nearby strawberry farm to pick some strawberries.

Bri and I had been strawberry picking several times, but unfortunately, the farm we used to visit is no longer open to the public.

I heard about a different strawberry farm that was a bit further away, but I just hadn't found time to go and visit. So, it had been a couple of years since Bri and I had last strawberry picked. We finally had an open Sunday, so we checked it out.

It is a cute little farm kind of in the middle of nowhere! LOL!

Gotta love the south...

It was a pretty day, a bit warm but no rain in sight...


Beautiful red berries...



Bri working hard picking berries...

Doug giving Briana "strawberry earrings"...

Look at that beauty...


We ended up with two buckets full...

 
While Doug got us some fresh strawberry ice cream, Bri and I rested and took a selfie...

The ice cream was ridiculously delicious...


 So good in fact, Bri had another...

The strawberries so were so pretty...

We ended up eating a ton of berries (and made numerous strawberry shakes). I ended up freezing some berries - I just need to figure out what I want to do with them.

I'm so happy we found another farm. I'm glad we are able to continue our strawberry picking tradition!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails