It is the beginning of September, so it seems appropriate for me to wrap up our summer break.
I already blogged all about Bri's time with her friends, our awesome vacation to Jekyll, all the celebrations that took place, Bri's camp week and our annual visit to the blueberry patch.
There were a few other things we did too.
Bri and I went to two Marvel movies this summer - Avengers 4 (Bri and I watched all of the Avenger Marvel movies in order to finally see Avengers Infinity War) and Antman and The Wasp (Doug joined us for the second movie).
Bri SO ready for Avengers...
She was quite unhappy with the ending...
She was very happy to be seeing Antman and The Wasp...
I helped Bri organize her earring collection. Yep - it's her "thing." She loves her earrings and wears different ones each day...
Had to start another holder...
Bri did a lot of drawing over the summer. She drew the "Funneh Crew" (she copied them from the bottom pic by sight)...
She loves drawing her "characters" (I'm thinking we are going to have to give them a name)...
Bri spends a lot of time on her computer of course. Her favorite games to play are Minecraft and Roblox. But honestly, her favorite parts of those games is just the building part. She loves creating intricate houses online. The house below is not Bri's, but what she does is very similar...
We updated Bri's glasses prescription over the summer (she is quite nearsighted) and she got two new pairs of glasses...
Bri and Doug had a daddy/daughter morning right before school started back. They had a mission to complete the Jurassic Park video game at our local gaming center...
The "money" picture they took together...
Doug took Miss B to lunch...
This summer, I had flowers bloom! Actually more toward the end of spring, my rose bush (that had not bloomed in years) went berserk (I was so happy)...
My hydrangea was gorgeous too...
And my gardenia plant (my favorite flower fragrance) bloomed...
One evening this summer, the most gorgeous double rainbow appeared...
This summer, Doug did a lot of traveling for work. Some of it took him to Central and South America.
In the spring, Doug went to Monterrey, Mexico...
and Mexico City...
Then in the summer he visited Bogota, Columbia...
And San Paulo, Brazil...
Batman Alley in Brazil...
He also went to NYC for a couple of days...
And San Jose, California...
Doug traveled to a lot of great places this summer. I wish he had more time to actually sightsee, but he makes the most out of the (very little) free time he has when he is traveling.
And there is my furry gal. Mei is as crazy as ever. She had a good summer too...
She is pretty much under foot and in our faces most of the time...
Mei was supposed to help me wake up one Bri morning, but she didn't do so well...
She loves to hide...
She loves to hide...
While Doug, Bri and I went on vacation, my mom went to visit and spend time with Mei. Mei loves time with Gramma...
Mei also loves lounging on the screened-in back porch in the summer...
Our last hurrah of summer break was to celebrate Briana's gotcha day anniversary.
We went to a Brazilian steakhouse, Chama Gaucha, the day before our gotcha day anniversary because our anniversary landed on "open house" day for school...
It was so fun watching her choose the kinds of meats she wanted...
My two meat lovers...
I loved the cheesecake - flambe'!!!
Bri got her much wanted "pandacorn" that evening...
The card I bought her...
On Bri's gotcha anniversary, Bri visited all her 7th grade classes during the school open house and then stopped for a Kona Ice (the truck was parked outside the school)...
On Bri's gotcha anniversary, Bri visited all her 7th grade classes during the school open house and then stopped for a Kona Ice (the truck was parked outside the school)...
For dinner, we went to Bri's favorite Thai restaurant for some pad see u...
So that is pretty much it. The end of our summer break. It was a good balance - we had a number of outings and we had some lazy days at home too. It was very hard for Bri to see summer end. She LOVES her time off. And she is not a fan of change AT ALL. Even though she goes to the same school with the same kids, everything's still different. New hall, new teachers, new subjects - to her it just stinks.
She has been in school for a month now and it's been a little bumpy. I would say last week was her best week yet. It takes her several weeks to find her groove and I think she is finding it now.
And what about me?
Well, I always miss my summertime Bri. She and I have a lot of fun together during the summer, and she is definitely a lot less stressed and cranky in the summer. Now that Bri is back in school, I have some house projects on my list to do. I still battle anxiety on a daily basis unfortunately (I know it doesn't really show it in my photos, but I do). I'm learning to keep going and push through. I'm trying not to let my anxiety stop me. We are looking at autumn coming soon and my last two fall seasons have been quite rough for me (being so very sick two years in a row). It stinks because fall used to be my favorite season and now it makes me anxious. I'm hoping to get my fall mojo back this year.
So my next few posts will be about Bri's 12th birthday festivities, our life without soccer and Bri's adjustment to 7th grade.
She has been in school for a month now and it's been a little bumpy. I would say last week was her best week yet. It takes her several weeks to find her groove and I think she is finding it now.
And what about me?
Well, I always miss my summertime Bri. She and I have a lot of fun together during the summer, and she is definitely a lot less stressed and cranky in the summer. Now that Bri is back in school, I have some house projects on my list to do. I still battle anxiety on a daily basis unfortunately (I know it doesn't really show it in my photos, but I do). I'm learning to keep going and push through. I'm trying not to let my anxiety stop me. We are looking at autumn coming soon and my last two fall seasons have been quite rough for me (being so very sick two years in a row). It stinks because fall used to be my favorite season and now it makes me anxious. I'm hoping to get my fall mojo back this year.
So my next few posts will be about Bri's 12th birthday festivities, our life without soccer and Bri's adjustment to 7th grade.




















































0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment