January 25, 2009

Xin Nian Kuai Le/Happy New Year!

Wow - has it really been an entire week since I last posted? I never go that long without posting, do I? This weekend has been super busy - filled with a Rock B@nd night with friends, a chocolate tasting party night and now tonight, we are going out to dinner with friends for CNY Eve. I will blog about Rock B@nd night and chocolate tasting party night in a separate post because they were so FUN! The past week was actually a quiet one for Bri and me. I was actually able to work a little on Briana's toddler lifebook.

Doug and I decorated the house today because CNY starts tomorrow! Briana was sooo excited when we started pulling out the decorations. She started yelling "Ni Hao!" because she has seen the Kai Lan CNY episode like 50 times. Here are a few pictures of our decorations...




And I just have to post this. Look at what my baby drew! Here is her first "real" picture that is not just squiggles. I hung it on my office wall. She actually drew circles, and if you look closely, you'll see eyes, a nose and a mouth. I think it is supposed to be me! I cannot tell you how proud I am of my little sweetheart!

I have to mention how sorry I am to all of my blog buddies that are so close to referral that got the wind knocked out of them with a two day batch. My heart goes out to you...

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!!

19 Kind Words:

Kim said...

Happy CNY..
Love the decorations..
The lamp is beautiful..
Have a great evening..
Can't wait to hear about Rock Band and choc. tasting..
Hugs..

RamblingMother said...

Happy New Year!! and love the decorations and Bri's pic.

Suzie said...

Happy Chinese New Year!! I love the decorations :o)

C's Mom said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you and yours, busy mama.

Love the drawing of you....you're gorgeous :0) Great job, Briana!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like you are all ready for CNY...the house looks great!! I love Miss Briana's first official piece of art.....she should have been with us this weekend...she would have gone wild with all the art supplies!!

Can't wait to hear about you R@ck Band and Chocolate tasting parties....sounds like it is right up my alley!!

See you in a couple of days...I am so excited!

Lisa

a Tonggu Momma said...

春节快乐!!!! With love, from the Tongginator.

Donna said...

Love your CNY decorations...you make the holiday so fun for Briana!

Lindsay said...

The decorations are gorgeous.

Hope you had a lovely celebration together.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy CNY! I hope you have a GREAT year!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you all!

Linette said...

Happy Chinese New Year! Your decorations are beautiful. :)

kitchu said...

your decorations look awesome! happy new year!

Polar Bear said...

That picture is PRICELESS!!! So sweet!

I love your CNY decorations!!
Happy New Year!!

Tracy said...

Your decorations look beautiful - HAPPY CNY!

Jeff and Amy said...

Beautiful decorations and an even more beautiful picture:)

OziMum said...

LOL! I thought I'd got the chinese words all wrong for Happy New Year!!! (what is Xin Nian Kuai Le?) I hope Gong Xi Fa Cai actually means something?!!!!

LOVE your decorations! I saw some paper lanterns in a store the other day - they were $15 each... I figured I'd wait and see what I can get them for in China - hope I don't squish them coming home?!!

1roms said...

"Xin Nian Kuai Le" means "happy new year" (xin=new, nian=year, kuai le=happy)

"Gong Xi Fa Cai" means "wishing you very rich in the coming year"

Anonymous said...

chinese year year known as "spring festival" as spring is coming.

(very hard to translate)

Gentle breeze keeps kissing on my face….
Telling me its spring ……

They say sleeping in spring is a bliss….
But its only for lazy bones….

Spring comes…
Get up early in the morning…
Go out meet the sight of spring…

What a Beautiful season…
So fear its sight suddenly vanishes in front of eyes…

Let spring breeze keep blowing on me…
Let spring breeze keep kissing on my face…

Spring comes
Flowers competing blossom day after day….
Let flowers no fade year after year…….

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Happy New Year! I can totally see you in that picture! Great work, Briana! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails