October 5, 2009

What We Did For Mid-Autumn Moon Festival

That little speck in the sky behind Briana was the moon on Saturday night. We had clear skies with just a few clouds. A perfect evening.

Briana and I woke up Saturday morning and let Daddy sleep in. We decided to make mooncakes using Sandra's recipe. And yes, we cooked in our jammies. :) I had no doubt that the recipe was delicious - I was only worried about my baking skills.

Let's start adding ingredients.

Spoon in the jam.

Brush with egg yolk.

Do you think these will really turn out ok? LOL!!

I decided to place the finished cookies on the special dish that I made for Briana last year.

Ok, let's try one.

A big thumbs up!!!! Yay! They not only turned out edible - they turned out delicious! Thanks Sandra!!


And after a delicious dinner at a hibachi restaurant, I kept looking outside to check for the moon. I finally saw it rising in the distance over the trees and houses down the street.

Here are Doug and Briana watching and gazing at the moon.

And that night, I lit a candle to remember all of those who could not be with us.

Hope you all had a very happy moon festival!

9 Kind Words:

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Sounds like a great day..
have a great week..

Unknown said...

What a nice night. I'll have to try that recipe.

Wendy said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful Day together.

have a great day
Wendy

Suzie said...

Looks like the perfect way to celebrate the Moon Festival!

Glad to hear that the moon cakes were good! I've heard from so many others that they typically aren't!!

Elise said...

What a wonderful day! LOVE the pictures! :) You are creating such happy memories for Briana.

kitchu said...

wow and what a moon! loooove her plate!

Anonymous said...

What a great nice this must have been~ thank you for sharing the recipe. We will be giving it a try!!!

Hugs

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a great way to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival. I am bookmarking that recipe.....hopefully next year we will be celebrating with our new little one:)

Lisa

Sandra said...

Yeah, I am so glad you tried the mooncake recipe. My girls love making them. Brushing on the egg is their favorite part :-)

Looks like you had a wonderful Moon Festival...

Related Posts with Thumbnails