August 18, 2011

Another School Update

Wow, I can't believe it is now day 12 of Briana being a kindergartner. Here is Miss B on Hilarious Hair Day yesterday. I kind of had practice already from the Wacky Day that Briana had at dance camp this summer, so I went with the same hair theme - bows and flowers everywhere.

I have to say how much I love Briana's teacher. Love, love, love her. She is a wonderful communicator. She has a FB page and is constantly keeping me the parents updated. She took all sorts of pictures on the first day of school and on hilarious hair day and posted them. It makes me feel so good to see how Briana's days are going.

In not so surprising news, Briana already had her first trip to the nurse along with another girl because they accidentally bumped heads together during PE on Friday. She got some ice put on it and now has a nice little bruise on her cheek. Ahhh, that's my girl. She did say she didn't cry. That same day though, she told me that she did cry when a different little girl got irritated with her for getting behind her too closely in line. Hurt Bri's feelings a bit. And Briana told me this week (two days ago actually) that she got angry at a little girl that cut in front of her in line when Bri was supposed to be line leader. They both ended up having to apologize to each other. No harm done. Bri takes any "job" that is assigned to her very seriously. Even if she has to bust heads doing it. Ok, I am exaggerating a bit with that last line. A little. ;)

She looks innocent enough...


 
Here is Bri with one of her new friends from her class at recess... (I swiped this picture from the FB page. I picked this one because it was taken from behind.)

And here is Bri this morning. She just looked really cute!


Briana is already taking part in her first school fundraiser. Next week, she gets to run laps with her classmates to earn money for her classroom. I have already gotten a number of donations (thanks everyone!) and Bri is ready to put on her running shoes next week. I'm going to go cheer her on!

Wow - I really sound like a kindergarten mom now, don't I?

7 Kind Words:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO happy Bri is doing so well~ It makes it so much easier when we love the teacher!!! Bri is just adorable!!!
XO

Nancy said...

I'm glad Bri is doing well. You might take some of her tales from school with a grain of salt; girls, generally, seem to like drama. To hear Kayla tell it, no one likes her or plays with her, but every teacher I talk to, and every day care worker, assures me she is well liked and plays well. And don't get me started on best friends!

Just look what you have to look forward to!

P.S. Bri is just as cute as she can be!

Nancy
www.workingmomadventures.com

Debbie said...

Yes you do, Lisa!

Robin said...

So hard to believe.. LOVE that pink outfit with those sparkly shoes. Maddy has a pair of similar sneakers but they won't stay on her feet (heels keep slipping out) Love reading about Bri's days. Maddy starts next week

Catherine said...

Kindergarten looks like so much fun! Glad Bri is enjoying it...and Mommy too! :o)

Our Family said...

She looks so cute:) Total fashionista:) Gotta love boosterthon.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so glad that she is doing so well in school. Oh how funny is she.... If I remember correctly, being the line leader is some serious stuff so I can't blame her for get a tad "angry".

Hope you are well and enjoying some "me" time when sweet Bri is in school.

xoxo,


Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails