August 22, 2011
Only Rainbows After Rain (1000th Post)
Once I click the publish button, I will officially have 1000 posts on this blog. I honestly cannot believe I have written 1000 posts. I have shared so many of my thoughts on this blog - thoughts on infertility, adoption, marriage, parenting, race and of course just my day to day life with my beautiful girl. She looks so grown up in the above pictures.
I chose the title of this post to be "Only Rainbows After Rain" because Briana loves the song "Keep Your Head Up" by Andy Grammer. She said to me a few weeks ago, "Mama, I really like when he says 'Only Rainbows After Rain'." I like it too. Because I have had my fair share of gray skies in life, and Briana is definitely my rainbow after the rain. And even now, when I feel like life is weighing down on my shoulders and I am feeling super stressed, I think of this song. Because you always gotta try to keep your head up.
Here is the video - I promise it will make you smile...
I am going to reminisce a bit now...
Can you believe that Briana was actually this small? ~
I have to say, kindergarten has thrown me for a loop a bit. I am having a bit of trouble watching my baby grow up. I waited for a baby for so long. I yearned for a baby for six years, and now my baby is a little girl. Somehow I blinked. I have loved watching every milestone Briana has reached and I adore the little girl she has become. She is amazing, sassy, fun, sweet, smart - the whole package. But, there is that small part of me that misses baby Briana. The baby I finally got to cuddle in my arms after that long, long wait.
Well, time continues to march on and all I can do is try to enjoy every moment. Take it all in. And if I want to visit baby Briana again, I will look in the archives of this blog and visit her.
So, I hope I have entertained you over the last 1000 posts and I hope to continue to entertain you for more. I can't say I will write another 1000, but I will continue to write as long as you all want to keep reading.
If you haven't commented before or if it has been a while, feel free to say hi. Would love to hear from you!
Happy 1000th post to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









15 Kind Words:
Happy 1000 posts :) thank you for your honest, candid thoughts and for sharing your beautiful girl with us!
It's been a pleasure to follow your adoption journey to parenthood of a baby and now a little girl. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog that day.
Love your blog! Happy 1000!
Happy 1000th post. Hope you are planning 1000 more cos I love watching Briana grow up. She truly is a beautiful little girl.
I hear you about the kindergarten feelings. Sigh
Precious precious photos of Bri!!! Happy 1000!!! Blessings!
Congrats on your milestone.
Happy 1000, you sure do share a lot! Amazing how quickly they grow up, love the look back.
Happy 1000th post!
I don't know if I've commented before. If I have, it's not often (sorry!). But I have read your blog for years now and love watching Briana grow & change, and reading whatever you decide to share with us.
Wow! Happy 1000 post!
I can honestly say that I know how you feel. We are on the brink of kindergarten and I am both thrilled and devestated.
do you ever go through pictures or blog posts and feel like you just don't remember ever feeling like she was that small? It's amazing really that we have had our girls for 4 years now! Seriously, where does the time go?
Happy 1000! I love your blog, it's unbelievable to me how much we are alike :)
I told Kelsey so many times before she turned 5 that I wanted her to be a baby that SHE told me that she wasn't a baby anymore and didn't I want her to be a big girl?
I am so there with you but K is awesome...and 6, well, there is nothing like watching your child "get school" (the reading, the writing, the math) and all the new firsts (tying shoes, Daisy Scouts, etc.) I am just trying to enjoy the day to day life of living with our girl :)
You are raising such a great little woman. Good Job, Mama!
Hello from Orlando!! Congratulations on 1000 posts. I have so enjoyed your blog!
Great blog. I think your family is wonderful. I totally understand about missing the baby Bri. My girls are amost 10 and just turned 7 (yesterday). I miss my babies too. It went by so fast and I would love to do it again.
Look at her grow! What fun to see how your little sweetie has grown and changed. Beautiful then and now. It happens so quickly! I am SO thankful that we have blogs to capture these moments with our little ones. A treasure for you as a Mommy and for those of us who get to enjoy watching your sweet baby grow up and experience life! Thank you for sharing your sweet Bri with us!
Thanks for sharing it all! It's been lovely getting to know you and Briana :) Here's to the next thousand.
I have been following you since you were in China, as my daughter is also from Chongqing - joining our family in Nov. 2005. I love reading your posts (this is the first time that I have commented, though! I also went through 13 years of infertility, a pregnancy finally after 10 years and then a miscarriage of that pregnancy. We have only the one child, as do you and she is also the light of our lives! My daughter, Abby, reminds me a lot of Brianna - they are both beautiful, sweet, full of energy and frustrating at times lol! Happy 1000 posts and I am looking forward to reading many more in the future!!
Post a Comment