Briana and her teammates were all ready and excited to play their very first U8 game on Saturday afternoon (they now play at 1:30).
The girls started with a little warm up...
Talked a little strategy with the coach...
Then it was game time...
I could tell that the other team really knew what they were doing. I found out at the end of the game that the other team had already been playing U8 for an entire year. Bri's team was used to playing 3 on 3 with no goalie. Now they are 4 on the field with a goalie. That is a very big difference...
Here is Miss B taking a break...
Second half...
Bri's first throw in...
Getting the ball down the field...
Doug was the parent ref for our team...
Bri got to play goalie for a while toward the end of the game...
The other team kind of creamed our team. But, our team still put up a really good fight and actually made four goals. I can't wait until our girls get a few more practices in and a few games under their belts. I know they will be amazing.
Bri was a bit intimidated by the whole goalie thing. She was able to get the ball down the field but then was afraid to strike the ball. She has always had an issue with striking the ball when reaching the goal. Now with a person standing there, she is having even more issues with it.
It was also pretty hot on Saturday. Bri doesn't love playing in the heat. Looking forward to cooler temps in the afternoon with fall around the corner.
Unfortunately, Bri got hit in the stomach twice with the ball. She cried after one of the hits. And she also had two collisions. After one collision, she just about cried but didn't. The other collision - the other player started to cry. Ack! It was bloodbath I tell ya! J/K - LOL! Bri was just having some bad luck that day I think. She's a tough cookie physically though. She bounced back every time.
Uncle Jimmie came to the field to watch Briana play - so that was really nice!
Looking forward to see how the girls progress this season!


1 Kind Words:
Way to go!
Post a Comment