Sadly, we had to have our sweet girl put to sleep last night. She had labored breathing all day yesterday and seemed to be off balance toward the end of the day. She was skin and bones and very weak. Her body was failing her. She was starting to panic and you could see the look on her face. Thank goodness Doug got home from his trip yesterday afternoon - by yesterday evening, she was really struggling. Doug took her to the emergency vet while I watched Bri at home. It was around 9PM. The vet said we could pull out all the stops to try to save her but she didn't think there was much of a chance of survival. But we already knew that. Asia had lost another pound even though I had been force feeding her (down to 5 pounds) and was three degrees cooler than she should be. The vet seemed to think her body was not absorbing any of the food I had been giving her. She stopped eating and drinking on her own a few days before.
It was time for her to go. She fought a long hard fight. I'm so proud of her. She did everything I asked of her and more. I couldn't have asked for a better cat. Ever.
She was my baby. She was in my life for 14 years. I don't know what I am going to do without her. I miss her so much. She was with me during so many hard times in my life. She was my fur person. I cannot seem to stop the tears today. How can a 5 pound ball of fur bring me so much heartache?
I have no regrets. This cat was loved and we tried to give her a really good life. She was just a stray that walked in my backyard and somehow became a furry little princess. In the end, we tried everything to try to make her better. Sadly, we failed.
We are all taking it hard. Bri took it really hard last night. She is such an awesome kid though. She was trying to comfort me last night by bringing me tissues, a small trash can and some pillows while she was grieving herself. She is the best.
It is going to take a long, long, long time to get over this. And I probably never will get completely over it. I was blessed to have this amazing little kitty in my life.


5 Kind Words:
I am so sorry for your loss. That is such a difficult decision.
Such a gorgeous cat - and she had an awesome life with you guys. Losing the pet that was with you through thick and thin is so, so hard. You did everything you could and made the right decision in the end. Your daughter is the sweetest.
OMg I'm crying!No words... I have my baby and I can not imagine living without him!I hope Asia is in heaven and she is happy and pain free,and she is gratful for the wonderful life she had with you guys!Lots of hugs and kisses from me.My heart is with your right now!
I am so sorry. Hugs to you all.
Lisa, Just read this post. I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I know how special she is. You did all you could do for her on earth, now God will do the rest. Bless you.
Post a Comment