July 16, 2014

It's Not All Roses

Blogging often paints a picture of perfection. I know that I talk about the good stuff more than the not so good. Some of the not so good is private - stuff that I just don't want to share with the public. For the most part, I am an open book. But of course, I have a private life and don't share everything.little.thing. I mean, I'm not a TV reality star. ;)

 And I cannot say my life it isn't good. For the most part, my life is really good. I have a great husband and kid. I have a beautiful house. Great family. Amazing friends. Life is comfortable. It really makes it hard for me to complain. So many people have it worse off than me.

Except my life isn't perfect.

I've dealt with some sadness and stress this year...

My grandmother got very ill and passed away.
My fur baby got very ill and passed away.
I struggled with pneumonia in the winter and bronchitis in the spring. 
I survived Atlanta "snowpocalypse" and it took me 7 hours to get Bri home from school.
Doug's been slammed at work and has had to travel quite a bit.
My parents have been dealing with some medical issues.
Briana dealt with 'social dynamic' issues at school for several weeks and also completely stressed after starting the gifted program.
Briana got her croc/foot stuck in an escalator.

Good grief.

It's only July.

Right now...

My parents are still dealing with some medical issues.
Doug is still totally slammed at work and will still be traveling a bit.
Briana's gotcha day, birthday, birthday party and the start of school are all about to collide once again.
Bri starts school in a little over two weeks.
Summer vacation has worn me out.
Unfortunately, I'm an emotional eater.

I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.

I try to keep my stress away from Briana as best as I can. She is young and shouldn't have to deal with any adult-type problems. So I keep going, put a smile on my face and continue to give her the best summer I possibly can. She should have an awesome summer vacation. She's a great kid and deserves it. And I hate to repeat myself, but Briana doesn't have any siblings to play with or any next door neighbors to hang out with. I don't have any "built-in" entertainment for her. I have to provide her with fun things to do and kids to play with. I don't want her playing or being by herself all the time. It's not fair to her and she's too extroverted for that.

So what I am saying is that my life isn't all roses. I just want you all to know that. I'm pretty stressed right now. And I definitely have my "bad mom" days. As I write this blog post, Briana has already spent way too much time on the computer today. Sigh.

Just keeping it real.

5 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Sorry that you are dealing with all of this. TIme to arrange a really great girls night out for yourself so that you can be, Lisa, not Mummy or wife, just yourself. Nothing crazy, just you and a friend or friends.

Do it.

It won't make any of the problems and stressors go away but they will all seem so much more manageable when you have a lifted spirits. You give give give, so take take take, something for yourself.

Big hug.

Ani said...

Oh Lisa, we've all been there... Keep smiling, praying and enjoying this last bit of summer. Hugs to you.

RamblingMother said...

here is to your summer getting better and hoping for a little bit of stress relief coming your way.

stayhandsome said...

Didn't get to say it earlier when you replied to my 'grandma passing' thread but - sorry to hear about yours, Lisa. :( That was my last living grandparent & although we weren't close (I was close w/my other grandma on my mom's side), she was 90 & there was a language barrier (she was Colombian) - it's still sad regardless when a loved one passes. I know you'll cherish your *grandma memories*. :) Hope the rest of your summer is good! You're raising a great kid. Hang in there.

Catherine said...

((Hugs)) friend. You're do right that our blogs offer only a glimpse into our lives and we carefully chose the glimpses that we offer!

So much good mixed in with the bits of not-so-good. You're doing a great job mommy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails