I cannot believe it has been almost two weeks since I blogged. And I cannot believe it is September 1. Things have finally started picking up in our household again, so blogging has been on the back burner.
So here is a Briana update. All sorts of new things have been going on.
Briana did start back at Venture. And she has really enjoyed it. Yay!!! She's had two days of it so far and it has gone well. She was so nervous at first, but when she got back into the Venture grove, she's rolled with it.
She needed some Pink Baby hugs before heading to her first day of Venture...
Doug also started his first run as soccer coach for the new YMCA U8 Team Argentina!
We have three returning girls and five new girls. So, it will take a little while for the girls to get comfortable with one another, but all the girls seem super sweet and eager to play. Doug did a fantastic job as well as our new assistant coach Shannon at our very first practice. We have two practices this week and our very first game on Saturday with Doug as coach. Hoping the girls do awesome!
Briana also started running club at school.
This new experience has been a bit more rocky. Not because of Briana, but because of the coach running it.
Briana has had two practices. Both were held outside in extremely hot weather during the mid-afternoon. One of the days was a code orange alert (which means not the best air quality) and it was 96 degrees Fahrenheit. I was told that the kids would run indoors on code orange or code red days. Well, the coach gave me a lame excuse when I picked Bri up that day that she didn't know about the alert because the principal didn't e-mail her about it - but she took it easy on the kids because of the heat (as she stammered all her words because she knew she was wrong). Briana told me her body felt like it was "on fire" that day, so that's total bull. The very first day of running club (last Monday), the kids without water bottles (including Bri) got one 30 second water break at the water fountain and Briana said the fountain only ran warm/hot water. I got on the coach about it via e-mail and she said the runners knew they could go get water anytime and that she was aware of proper hydration. I told her that obviously my 8 year old didn't understand that. On Thursday (the code orange day), Briana said the coach made it very clear to the team about the water situation (due to me complaining obviously). But, Briana now has a water bottle for running club because she really needs it anyway and because I don't trust the coach.
Two practices and I have already complained. I know I have every right in this case though.
And I have to complain again because...
Briana woke up with a horrible case of hives on Friday. Another first. She was miserable and to be honest, I didn't know what I was looking at when I saw them. I rushed her to the doctor and the doctor told me it was hives. Briana had no new foods, meds, soaps, etc. I have no idea what caused them, but it seems unusual after Bri's body was "on fire" the day before...
The good news is that the hives only lasted a day. B missed school on Friday unfortunately due to the doctor's appointment and miserable itching, but she woke up Saturday feeling fine.
The running coach doesn't even know about B's hives yet, so now I have to tell her about those too. I'd love to pull Bri from running club, but Bri somehow still likes it and really wants to continue. She only will with heavy monitoring from me though. I love the idea of running club - just not running club in crazy hot weather.
On a more positive note, my nephew N1 turned a brand new 6 years old a little over a week ago! He had a party at Sky Zone - and Bri had a blast of course...
And now it is Labor Day here in the states. We have had a super busy long weekend and I am happy that Briana has felt well enough to do all the stuff we had planned.
That is my next post. :)














2 Kind Words:
I wish our school had a running club. Sorry to hear about the crappy coach but glad that Bri still likes it. It's a great compliment to the soccer!
Ugh! You are totally right to stand up for Bri. Glad to hear the hives were short lived! Hope the weekend was fun and that soccer was a blast.
Post a Comment