My girl helping me pick out plants one evening during the week...
I always love looking at the flowers in spring...
It rained on Saturday the last weekend of April, but Sunday was beautiful. It was time to get to work...
Miss B pulled a bunch of weeds but not even close to the amount she did last year. Her love of weed pulling is beginning to wane...
My azaleas were in full bloom that weekend...
We moved our Japanese maple away from the house, Doug power washed the front walk and back decks, and I finally pulled out all the deer attracting plants and planted some new deer repelling plants...
I had pretty lilies that were planted when I first moved in but the deer would eat the leaves and flowers every year. I was tired of hosting a deer buffet so pulled them all.
After hours of work, I sat in my rocker and enjoyed the view...
Bri and I went inside to make (late) lunch and Doug heard the Kona Ice truck driving by.
Bri was so excited...
This ended up being her lunch. Mother of the year!!!!!
I put plants in my planters on the back deck...
Mei Mei is loving the screened-in porches...
I planted plants in three of my four planters. I had dead plants in them from winter and pulled all the dead plants out. But we realized the fourth planter became a nest for some birds (either finches or wrens - not too sure), so we left them alone...
You can see the parents burrowed a hole into the dirt...
Mei would watch the parents come and feed the babies for hours...
The birds finally flew the coup last week. I think Mei is sad that she lost her natural "television."
We are getting our backyard landscaped at the end of the month (should have happened last month but it's been pushed back due to rain). It is a hot mess and we need help. Once that is all done, I will take pictures. So excited!
We had a very wet and cool April. May on the other hand has been very dry and unusually hot. I would love to have the happy medium of dry and cool. We are definitely getting a taste of summer already.















1 Kind Words:
Looking forward to seeing your new garden!!
Post a Comment