This is Crush. Briana's new Shoulder Buddy. I had not even heard of Shoulder Buddies until the day of Bri's conference. Mrs. R told us during Bri's conference about the Student Council selling these weird little troll birds, but she hadn't told her class about them yet because she didn't want get the kids to get into a frenzy. Well, the jig was up the very next day. Shoulder Buddies were everywhere. Mrs. R sent out an e-mail to the parents saying a few kids in class had already bought the birds and that they were $5 if our kids were interested in buying them. That afternoon, Briana came home desperately wanting one. So much so that she offered to pay for one with her own money. Gasp!!!! I told her that was ok.
Well, there was a problem. The Student Council had sold out of them by that afternoon and the next shipment wasn't coming in for a few days. Mrs. R sent another e-mail on Friday saying to get to school early Monday because the shipment came in and they would be sold early in the morning in the cafeteria. Briana was so stinkin' excited all weekend. I told her that I needed to get her up earlier than usual to get to school on Monday to make sure we were in line. And I offered to stand in line with her. I am one awesome mama, I know.
So we got to school before 7:30 and the line was almost already out of the cafeteria. Luckily, the line moved quickly. Briana quickly picked Crush because of her bright pink hair and we were on our way to class. I just had to snap a picture of Briana so happy over a $5 plastic bird.
On Shoulder Buddy frenzy morning, Briana dressed in a shirt that I bought for her in China in 2007. It is Bejing Olympics 2008 merchandise. I bought it in the smallest size they had at the time and now B is finally wearing it almost 5 years later!




3 Kind Words:
Wait. You have a teacher who is encouraging children in her class to buy trendy fidgety things? What a concept.
These are the things I routinely take AWAY from my students on a daily basis.
LOL!
Cute little shoulder buddy! I've never heard of them. Do they just sit there or attach somehow? A new craze for sure! :o)
Cute Beijing Olympics shirt on your sweet Bri!
how cute the shirt is, its a girl Panda, too!
Post a Comment