February 14, 2013

1st Birthday Party Of 2013

What a way to kick off the year of birthday parties! I think you might remember that my friend Kathy is probably the most creative party thrower around.

My friend Ann commented to me that it is pretty tough having Kathy be the one to kick off the party circuit each year because no one can ever reach the bar she sets. Very true. :)

(Check out some of her other parties...Year 1, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5; we missed Year 2 due to a speech evaluation for Briana.)

 So, Miss Chani turned 6 on Saturday! And what a pretty birthday girl she was...


We knew Chani's party was going to be a science experiment theme, but we had no idea what to expect...

Upon entering, Briana was told to put on a lab coat and get a retinal scan...


Briana and Maisie...


The neighborhood clubhouse was transformed into a working lab. Amazing...








The kids were asked to build a molecule from marshmallows and toothpicks...

Then goggles were put on and all the amazing experiments began...

Briana and Katie...



Kathy leading the experiments...





Bri's favorite - making slime...


And she won a prize!!!

Going outside for the exploding sandwich bag experiment...

Finally, it was time for food and singing to the birthday girl...

Another amazing party. I wonder what Kathy has in mind for next year. ;)

2 Kind Words:

Lisa~~ said...

I think you're slacking on your birthday party attending...making all the way until February for the first party (even though it WAS and awesome one) well...I'm just disappointed. You need to find some friends with January birthdays so the invites can begin early ;-)

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Thank you Lisa for your kind words. It truly is a labor of love for that little one. I'm glad that everyone had a great time. It was a lot of fun.

I looked back through all your birthday posts. All the girls were so adorable when they were tiny. I love the first picture of Chani in the first birthday post.

You do a great job on the write ups on parties. I don't think you miss a thing. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails