February 5, 2013

A Stormy Wednesday


I knew when I dropped Briana off at school Wednesday morning that the weather was going to be bad during the day. My sweetie blows me a kiss every single morning as she hops out of the car. She slams the car door and skips into the building. I managed to snap a quick shot of her on that rainy Wednesday morning.

I had a doctor's appointment that morning. It took me over an hour to get there because of the rain and traffic. I checked my e-mail as I sat in the waiting room and B's teacher had written all the parents saying there had been a tornado warning and the kids spent 45 minutes in the hallway.

I came straight home after my appointment and turned on the TV. I found out a tornado had hit 30 minutes north of where I live. It is the city where Briana used to take horseback riding lessons. (Luckily, the stable she went to didn't sustain any damage.)

Then the weatherman said another possible tornado was heading very close to Briana's school and toward my house. I decided to head to my (unfinished) basement with my kitty and watch the reports streaming on the computer. There was a lot of wind and rain, but luckily nothing worse than that. And Briana spent another 30 minutes in the hallway at school.

I was so happy when I was finally able to pick her up from school that day. Doug was out of town and I felt so powerless over the situation. I hate feeling like that.

Of course, Briana came home and begged to play in the rain. The stormy part had passed and it was just a steady rain by that point, so I said ok.

She played with my colorful assortment of umbrellas...




She rolled her pants up because they were getting so wet. And I noticed the wind started to pick up and it was getting cooler. I finally pulled the plug after 35 minutes and we came inside. The cold front was definitely starting to come through. It went from being in the 70's in the day to the low 30's that night. 

Typical weird Georgia weather!!!

1 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Forget weird weather that's just scary weather. a 40 degree drop is freaky.
So glad you were spared by the tornadoes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails